Dolls

Dolls

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Another fabulous new addition

Hello again!

This blog post was typed in advance so I'm not sure if I'll have a baby as of yet or not, but you are going to see pictures once he arrives! (as well as the dollys that I keep adding to my ever growing collection :)

This girl is super brand new to Ever After High. Her name is...

...Ginger Breadhouse!


I've mentioned before that I'm a member of the Ever After High Dolls Facebook group. I just happened to be online when they posted "Ginger Breadhouse is now $19.99 on Amazon!" so needless to say, I snatched her up before the price skyrocketed again (since she is so new and not readily available everywhere yet.) I bought her at the same time as Kitty and I'm not disappointed. 

Ginger is the daughter of the Candy Witch from the Hansel and Gretel fairy tale. If you are familiar with the tale, Ginger is destined to a cruel fate. Hansel and Gretel are left outside by their stepmother because they could not afford food for them. They are lost in the woods however, they follow a sweet scent and are led to a house made entirely of confectionery goodies. The Candy Witch lures them inside (didn't take much because they are hungry) and she tries to throw them into the fire. Hansel and Gretel outsmart her and throw her into the fire and then run back home.

Now, you kind of have to forget about the fairy tale for a minute (because if the Candy Witch dies, who is Ginger's mom?) but needless to say, Ginger doesn't want to follow her pre-destined fate. All she wants to do is cook goodies for everyone, much to the dismay of cousins Gus and Helga Crumb (daughter of Hansel and son of Gretel.)

Ginger is so cute and needless to say, I think I have a new favorite doll. (And she has pink hair which makes it all the better right?)

She looks so cute with her glasses on but I quickly noticed that it makes her appear that she has crooked eyes (which she does not.)


So I took her glasses off to show her face. She has a darker skin tone but the same face mold as some of the other dolls. Some collectors are scoffing because her eyes are not the same shape as the molded sockets. It doesn't matter much to me but just something to keep in mind if you decide to pick her up. 

She has an adorable cupcake headband. 


I LOVE this dress! She has a plastic blue collar and a black jacket that is supposed to resemble a bakers jacket. Her dress is full of glitter and fun colors that are supposed to resemble frosting and sprinkles. And the sheer glittery yellow train adds a special touch.


Check out this purse! A bubbling cauldron with a spoon as the handle? Fabulous! 


And not to mention, it is a functional purse too!


Are you ready for the shoes? These rank right up with the coolness of Holly O'Hair's tower shoes.

Heels with a lollipop as the heel and dripping frosting for the strap of these open-toe platform Mary Jane's.


Mattel! You are seriously missing out on revenue for human shoes that look like these! Get yourself a deal with someone and make these for us. Size 9 please?!



And don't you love the tights too?

Ginger's hair is two shades of pink and comes in low pigtails. Her hair is supposed to be straight and comes that way out of the box.


In the webisodes, she does wear a ring and bracelet and early pictures from Mattel show at least a bracelet. She however, does not come with either. Even her pigtails are supposed to come with some bobbles that look like candy. I'm not sure what is with them leaving off details. EAH is such a hot seller that putting these extra touches would make the dolls just that much more marketable. Especially with a doll that has a totally functional purse! :)


Can you tell why Ginger is my new favorite? Are you planning on picking her up? Let me know in the comments!

The next post (most likely after baby is here!) will feature the new gift from my hubby. Until next time!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, Ginger is a definite "must have" for me, she is just up my alley with her pink hair and all those perfectly marvellous little details. Want, want, want, lol.

I hope everything goes well and easy with the delivery for you. Big hug.

Barbiebeauties said...

I adore Ginger, congratulations :) I'm waiting until the price drops a little before I get her - she seems to be quite a "common" doll so I think it will (she's on the shelves in the UK already, which isn't usual for brand new EAHs).