Dolls

Dolls

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Christmas Treasures #2

Welcome again!

I actually have one more dolly from before Christmas that I would like to showcase but it's kind of a process to photograph so until I get around to that one, here is another one of my fabulous Christmas treasures. Hubby asked what I wanted and he sure delivered!

Adding to the Way Too Wonderland line, the fabulous Madeline Hatter!


Don't you just love her? 

When I got her, I had to take a picture of her hat right out of the box. It was so ridiculous that I had to change it right away. The hat was completely horizontal on her head.


I know this is Wonderland but that's too much. ;)

Now what we've fixed her hat and we don't have to turn our heads sideways to see it, we can see that it has cards on the side with ribbons and a teal teapot. 


Her earrings are little gold clocks.


She wears a charm necklace consisting of a teapot, teacup, clock and spoon. That is cute and so clever!


 She wears black gloves adorned with a pink hat ring.


I love the style of this dress. It's just awesome! Her dress underneath is a simple plain teal strapless thigh-length stretch dress. Then there is this overcoat with a blue swirl print with spades, queen chess pieces and teacups on the bottom. It's tied together with a large purple bow with polka dots. Don't you just LOVE it?


One thing that I didn't care for was the material of the overcoat. It's the stiff satin and it took some fixing to get it to lay right coming out of the box. It's still not how I like it but it may relax a little over time. 

Maddie has the same clock that the other dolls have come with. Mine however has to stay backwards. It doesn't snap closed!


The SHOES!

I addition to her hot pink tights, she has these super sweet teacup and ruffle shoes.


Perfect for Maddie!


Maddie's hair is the same purple and sea-foam theme with some pink streaks added in the front. Maddie's hair is curly so naturally it came out of the box matted and tangled. Because it was so flat I had to pick through it a little and it turned to frizz city. 

   
I'm not sure what the deal is. My original Maddie Hatter came out of the box with actual curls, not a matted mess.


And my original Apple doll came with beautiful ringlets. This is right out of the box! What gives Mattel?


Well, her hair is going to need work. Her and Lizzie can make an appointment with Poppy O'Hair for the royal treatment!

What do you think of Way Too Wonderland Madeline Hatter? Did she make your way into your collection? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Maddie is a cutie. I hope you can recurl her frizzy hair. I would have added her to my collection, if she ever showed up in the only store that still has EAH in my area. Due to the quality issues Mattel dolls have lately, I only buy dolls I can check out in person.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

That is a great idea Andrea. Honestly I think they are all quite bad. I haven't found one that is really in spectacular condition. I bought my Bunny from Amazon and lucked out that she doesn't have as much eye wonk as some. Sad that EAH is on the way out. Did you hear that there was absolutely no mention of them at the New York Toy Fair this year?