Dolls

Dolls

Friday, April 21, 2017

Christmas Treasures #5 & #6

Hello!

I'm back after being SICK! Still recovering but good to be back to blogging and taking about all things dolly!

Remember a couple of posts ago I talked about My Mini MixieQ's? As mentioned I am going to use them for props for my craft so I bought another box. This time I got these two.


A ladybug and Paris Shopper. These will go along very nice for my craft project. Can't wait till I get started on it. 

Well today, I get to feature TWO beautiful dolls I received for Christmas from my awesome dad!

These are great, I can't wait till you see him.

When we were kids, my mom would buy us Little Debbie snacks for our lunches (Cosmic Brownies and Nutty Bars anyone?) I remember seeing that there was an ad for a Little Debbie Barbie doll on the box. I never got her but look what was under the tree.


I was so excited! She looks just like Little Debbie. She is beautiful. And the best part is her box is friendly getting those great boxed but deboxed photos.

She wears a straw hat and a blue gingham dress with a white lace collar and lace around the sleeves. 


   She also has a white waist apron with lace trim and the Little Debbie logo.


She comes with a stand, brush and black ballet flat shoes.


Now I finally have her. All those years of eating Little Debbie and I never got the doll. :)

Now THIS. This next one.

I just can't believe it. 

Can't believe it!!!!

 

*squeeeeeeee* The 1988 Happy Holidays Barbie doll! The first in the series! Remember back, I got the 1990 and started collecting them from that point forward. I picked up the highly sought-after 1989 doll at a sale quite a few years ago. Now I have the first one! Mint in box!

Now this doll is NOT box friendly so I apologize for the terrible photos. Also it's night. I know better than to take photographs in the evening but that's when the babe is sleeping so he doesn't tornado himself through my things. 

Beauty perfection.


Her dress is red tulle and glitter. Holiday sparkle!


I love these professional photos! You can't really tell in the box but the dropped waist gown is really elegant. 


I wish we could get her hair like that!


Well, that's all for today (tonight) :) Do you have any of these two older dolls in your collection? Let me know in the comments!

Next time we'll have some fun with clothes!

Until then!

6 comments:

The PrairieHomemaker said...

Glad you are feeling better! You have been missed!
I soooo want the Little Debbie doll! I see her often on ebay but I just haven't given myself permission to buy her yet!
Hugs!
mel

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I have another one of the Little Debbie dolls. Mine wore a dress with a white bodice and the blue and white checked skirt.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Mel! I would recommend picking her up if she's a good price! She is just so cute and would go great with other country/picnic dolls!

Hi Barb, I did not know they had other ones! I'll have to check this out. Now it makes me wonder which one I saw on the boxes when I was a kid.

The PrairieHomemaker said...

Teresa, IIRC there are 3 Little Debbie dolls.
ALLL totally scrumptious!

Andrea said...

Congrats on your dolls! Both are lovely in their own way.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thank you Andrea! :)