Dolls

Dolls

Saturday, June 23, 2018

It's-a me, Mario!

Welcome! 

The kiddos are in bed and I have a few moments to get a post ready for tomorrow morning (today!) I have some awesome things to show you. 

Late last year, I watched some YouTube videos about the things that people saw at toy fair. One of the big things was the Hello Kitty Barbie fashions. Then they came out with Care Bears. I also saw they had Super Mario fashions. 

I. HAD. TO. HAVE. THEM.

I collect dolls. I'm also a huge gamer. So when I happened to take a quick swing through the dolly aisle and saw them on the shelf, I almost jumped up and down.




These are the larger sets that come with two accessories. I was unable to find the singles. There are four of those so I still have to get them but this is all three of the larger packs. SCORE!

My favorite video game series are The Legend of Zelda and Fallout. But Super Mario has always held a special place in my heart. Nintendo is my favorite console/game manufacturer as this was the one I grew up with. (Xbox/Microsoft is a VERY close second.) I remember my friend and I staying up all night long to play through EVERY level of every world in Super Mario Bros. 3. And then constantly dying on those air ships you have to play through at the end of each world. (And then restarting the game with the Game Genie code so you can multi-jump and bypass the entire level) ;) 

Then getting the dreaded "Thank you Mario but our princess is in another castle?" THE WORST! 

Also being a lover of Paper Mario and Mario Kart, I had to pick these up when I found them in stores. 

Let's cut to the chase and get these out of the boxes!

First I needed some candidates so it was into the closet storage to scope out some newer bodied dolls. And let me tell you, it was much easier to get in there now than when I was 8 months pregnant!

The first outfit was the one from the teaser photo in the last post.


So how many knew the name of this was "Boo-Diddly?" Funny, I looked this up to make sure I had the correct spelling of "Diddly" and I saw this on the wikipedia page:

Boos, known in Japan as Teresa (テレサ)

Say WHAT? That's my name. I guess i'm a ghost.

Anyway, here is the super cute dress on a doll!


I've been watching videos that show that the new Barbie fashions are a fit for all body types. Some of the fashions, while they fit the original dolls, are a much better fit on the curvy body type. This dress might be a good candidate. 

Good thing I have a curvy Barbie! The one my dad gave me a few months ago. The Barbie Careers Pop Star!


And yes, this does look MUCH better on her. And that pink streak in her hair is a perfect fit.


I had to pull it down a bit, it didn't want to fit real well on the chest of both the regular doll and the curvy doll. The dress has on it pretty much every character you can find in the Mario series. She comes with a red purse.

 

A yellow watch is also attached. 


Shoes are not included but I paired it with a pair of light pink sandals because it's summer time!


 Next we have this fabulous ensemble.


Some of you may remember from a long time ago, this doll was one that sat on my shelf when I had my display in our other house. It's the Cool Lookz Trendy and Bendy Barbie. All those beautiful curls just had to be on display again.


This outfit has a red top with a big picture of Mario on the front. Her accessories are a gold necklace...


...and a gold spiky bracelet.


The skirt is just awesome with a blue tulle overlay. The skirt is a little big so might fit better on a curvy doll. I pull it down a little, I think it's cute to have the shirt be a kind of a crop top.


I paired this one with a pair of gold strappy heels. These shoes were a pain in the rear to get on!


Lastly we have a fantastic Princess Peach outfit. I wondered if this one would fit better on a curvy doll so I tried it out. 


Not so much. The skirt is a little tight on the hips so this one is definitely better for the regular dolls.


The sleeveless shirt has coins on it and the top of the overalls have a picture of Princess Peach and a pink mushroom. The first accessory is a pair of sunglasses.


They look kind of ridiculous on so I left them on her head. They make me giggle every time I see them!


Her second accessory is a white spiky bracelet.


Her skirt has a picture of Bowser sweeping away Princess Peach with Mario chasing after.


And a question box and fire flower on the other side.


I paired this outfit with a pair of yellow go-go boots.


And lastly, remember how I purchased the Hello Kitty fashion that was Little Twin Stars? My favorite Sanrio character?


Well they also had a fashion single of Little Twin Stars that I picked up some time ago.

shop.mattel.com
So I dug out some pants and popped this one on a doll.


The shirt fits really well and is so cute with the flutter sleeves.


The pants are from a Cutie Fashionista Closet. When I saw they had rainbow stitching, I knew they would be perfect.


And since this doll has beach feet, the only shoes that would fit are these pink flip flops. Good thing I had them!


I'm very happy with these fashions and I can't wait till I get my hands on the rest of them. When I get them I'll pop them up here! I hope I can get them. I have been very lucky and have found all of the Hello Kitty and Care Bears ones at Wal-Mart. These I found at Fred Meyer! I won't stop looking until I get them all.

Friends, what do you think of these? Like them? Not for you? Let me know in the comments!
 

Some new cuties will be featured in the next post. Until then!

9 comments:

RagingMoon1987 said...

Those Super Mario Brothers outfits are SO CUTE!!! I'm not a gamer but I'll definitely have to have these. You've got a pretty selection of dolls, by the way; that guitarist is a cute thing.

Anonymous said...

These are lovely outfits! I don't know anything about the Super Mario Brothers, but know them from pictures of course. It looks like fun! I think the pink pinafore is my favorite, so cute! Glad to see a post from you and to read that you are doing well :-).

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi RagingMoon! Thanks so much! Yes, if you see them do pick them up. They are just the cutest ever!

Hi Millicent! My posting has been scarce because of mommy duties but it's fun to be back blogging when I can. I don't think I can choose a favorite, they are all just to die for! :)

The PrairieHomemaker said...

I loved/love watching my guys play video games. I am not much good at it though.
I now need all these...
Hugs!

discodiva1979 said...

These outfits are so so cute, I must get them. I had no idea they came out Mario-how exciting. Thank you for the fashion show.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Mel and discodiva! I do recommend these outfits. They are just way to cute! My mom was the one who would watch us play and be our cheerleader. We tried and she couldn't get the hang of pushing the "jump" right before the bad guy and kept running into that first Goomba. LOL

Tosha J said...

Loving the first dress! I loved Mario as a kid and still do game a bit. I'm so happy that I found your blog again and got to catch up on everything.❤️ Also Mel if you have a Dollie blog I'd love to follow you as well.

Anonymous said...

Great work These are lovely outfits,there is a new lovely toys here - https://ebay.to/2JOJgqh

iHanna said...

Love the clothes, and your curvy doll! I hadn't seen her before!

/@creativewithdolls on insta