Dolls

Dolls

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

On The Fourth Day Of Christmas...

Welcome friends!

At the end of the last post I mentioned that I might have some vintage goodness for you. You are going to LOVE it.

On the fourth day of Christmas my awesome dad gave to me...

Vintage Plantation Belle Barbie!


 
Plantation Belle is an outfit I got quite a few Christmas' ago. But I didn't have a complete outfit. All I had was the dress and the purse and hat. And the hat didn't have any stays on the side so it wouldn't have stayed on her head.




 
So my dad and I were looking at eBay when I was over to his house this last summer. I told him Plantation Belle was one of the outfits I really wanted to have the complete set of. But the petticoat was super expensive by itself so why not spend a little more and just get a whole new set.

So that's what he did. For a Christmas Present!


 
This is an original vintage Barbie Fashion that has been repackaged. But it is perfect and has the jewelry as well! There was just one question. Which doll to put it on? I didn't have any more vintage bodies to spare. So one doll had to be redressed. OH this was going to be a hard decision.

I thought about redressing Mood For Music. But I love this fashion so much.


 
I also thought about redressing Picnic Set but I wanted a ponytail doll for Plantation Belle.


 
Ideally I wanted a blonde ponytail doll but I only have two and they are reproductions wearing Wedding Day and Enchanted Evening so I can't redress them. So the brunette ponytail doll was the winner of the new outfit. She has been redressed twice so far! First was Wedding Day.


 
And then she wore Let's Dance. I had a HARD time taking this dress off of her because I love it so much.


 
But now she is wearing the new fashion and I couldn't be happier.

The pink graduated pearl necklace is just so perfect.



The sides of the hat I stuck in her hair to keep it in place.

 
 
The purse still has most of the beading intact. My purse I got a few years ago didn't have all the beading either.

 
 
The petticoat is so great! Has the little bow but unfortunately the snap closure had two of the same parts so I couldn't fasten it. So I just pulled it up as far as I could and the waist of the dress holds it in place so it doesn't slip down.

 
 
The hat is so perfect! No fraying at the end of the ribbons.


 
And I do have the pearl snake bracelet but it broke when I was putting it on her! I have some wire so I can restring it. Sad!
 
Also for Christmas I got this Barbie Trunk.

 
 
Definitely from the Superstar Era!

 
 
What was one of the items inside the trunk?

Vintage Allan!


 
This is not the bendable leg Allan so this doll is from 1964. And he came naked so we had to get some clothes for him!



I have a very small selection of clothes for Ken so I chose this shirt from the Lounging Around fashion. No yellow shorts though.



The ONLY other thing I had that matched was this pair of gray slacks from some fashion pak. As I said, my collection of clothes I have for Ken is very small!



And poor Allan is barefoot! Every shoe I tried to put him in came right off as they were too big. I don't have a pair of socks for Ken either so he's going to be barefoot for the time being.

And, because he is Midge's boyfriend, here he is with his girl! They are so cute!



So friends, what do you think of Plantation Belle and Allan? Have them in your collection? Let me know in the comments!

Well, that's all for today! Next post we will dive into what else was in the fabulous Barbie trunk!

Until then!

2 comments:

Treesa said...

Congratulations on the vintage goodies. I feel your pain over the snaps on the petticoat. I have several Barbie outfits from the early 80s that just need to have snaps replaced, but I don't know how to sew. I can't even sew on a button.
Signed, Treesa

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Treesa! I hear you on the sewing. I do know how to sew on a button but I'll confess, I just gave a vintage dolly dress to my MIL to repair for me. :D So we are definitely in the same boat. I do think that snaps would be a little harder to put on. With my luck, they would be off by just the tiniest bit, wouldn't line up, take off, adjust, try again, rinse, repeat. :D