Dolls

Dolls

Thursday, October 7, 2021

I Saw It!

Hi Friends,

It has been a hot minute since I have posted. Why? MY COMPUTER DIED. It will boot up fine but when it hits the desktop, the picture appears but nothing else. Ugh. So I finally just started bringing my work computer home with me so I can at least do things while mine is out of commission. So I apologize!

Can you all believe that it's October already? Me neither. Maybe because I wanted to have this post up mid-September. But the same weekend I saw "it" was the same weekend my PC died.

At the time I didn't care. Because I got to see THE BARBIE TOTALLY THROWBACK MALIBU TOUR TRUCK!

I drove 4 hours to see the truck. Well, 4 hours to pick up my mom then we took an hour to backtrack to see the truck. It was a beautiful day and I was not going to miss it!

I made sure to wear my brightest Barbie shirt. (I only own two Barbie shirts, the other is white with a Haute Couture Robert Best Barbie on it.)


Two little girls were skipping around chanting "Bar-bie Truck! Bar-bie Truck!" So cute. I felt like joining in with them.


Love


So (naturally) things were a wee bit pricy. But I did have to get a few things to mark the momentous occasion. 


One of the things I got (from my mom as a birthday present) came in this box.



The Malibu Barbie steel water bottle! Totally using this. 


I also got this surfboard keychain! Since I love surfing (and Barbie) it was perfect.


And these. Christie, Barbie and Ken Lapel pins. The Barbie logo is also a pin. I'm guessing these are to be pinned on the (overpriced) denim jacket that was also sold at the truck.


I love that the pin backs are Barbie heads.


And if you spend more than $35 (not hard to do) then you got a couple of stickers. 


The last Barbie truck tour in my area was cancelled due to the pandemic. They then brought it back at the end of 2020 and I got the email for the location date change AFTER they were already there. So I wasn't going to miss it this time. 

Friends, has the Barbie Totally Throwback Tour been around to your area? Get any cool goodies? Let me know in the comments!

And now that I have a working PC to use I will be posting regularly again. Above was my awesome birthday present from my mom. In the next post will be the awesome present from my dad! 

See you then!

No comments: