Dolls

Dolls

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

New and Improved Barbie - And another addition

Hi Friends!

I am pleased to announce that I have joined the ranks of the Stay at Home Moms. I liked my job and I loved what I did however the stress was causing me some health issues for me and the new baby (we are both fine.) But it was just too much so now I get to have a few months to stay at home with my lone child. And (not surprisingly) finding I have a lot that I want to do. I'm more busy now that I'm at home all day. Actually all of these things were reserved for the weekend and after I got home from work. Now I can use my weekends to rest and spend time with the hubby.

Also, during nap times, this is when I get the change to blog! So here we go with today's post. 

Before I left for vacation during Thanksgiving, I cleaned up my new Ken's and the mod Barbie. Remember that Barbie was in sad shape. She had very dirty legs and torn vinyl on the ankle. I was not able to get her legs clean so I had to find an outfit that covered her legs and an outfit for the old body type. A LOT of the clothes I have acquired are for the newer body type. So I decided on this one!


This is Ballerina #989 first released in 1961. This was in the box of vintage clothing that I got for Christmas a few years ago. It was a complete set (except the cardboard tiara) and I even have the program which, according to the Fashion Doll Guide, is very rare. I know the black tights don't necessarily go with the tutu but it was a great covering for her legs. I loved this outfit and wanted to get it on her. 

If you want to read more about this outfit on the Fashion Doll Guide, you can click here!

It looks great on her but she is just a tad small in the bust. The zipper works perfectly so I got it to zip up all the way so it stays up pretty well.


I will also take the shoes off of her as they are not hard plastic like the newer ballet slippers but soft, pliable vinyl and bend when I stand her up like so.


In addition to the torn vinyl ankle, she also has a broken click knee joint. And in this outfit does not sit very well. I'll have to make a doll stand for her. I'd like to change her into a mod beach outfit someday but that would require more work on her legs. We shall see. 

I'm also going to get to work on the clothes that came with these dolls. They still have that old attic smell so I think the only way to clean them and get the smell out is to put them in the washer. (I know, I know...) However with my back and everything else I need to get done for the holidays, this is my only option. I can't bear to think about sitting and scrubbing each and every piece. All of these clothes are OOAK and handmade. I think they will do okay on a very delicate short cycle. More of that to come!

Now, for the new addition! I've had a backlog of items to post for you, most of them Ever After High. I just haven't gotten around to them yet. Well, here is one for today! 

The most beautiful (as her name suggests,) Rosabella Beauty!



Rosabella is the cousin of Briar Beauty (Sleeping Beauty.) Rosabella is an advocate for animal rights and her outfit depicts that (or doesn't because she's wearing fur? Maybe it's faux fur.) That is because her father is/was The Beast! She has an adorable outfit and I just love this doll!

She's a smarty pants and has some cute glasses with roses at the corners. She has a fur collar on her shirt and a pretty rose printed belt that is actually painted in two colors! Her earrings are a geometric shaped with a rose printed on the top of them. Her gold crown is molded in roses.



She wears the same ring/bracelet combo that has? You guessed it, roses.


I LOVE her skirt. Since this is a play on Beauty and the Beast they went with a yellow theme for the skirt and it's printed with gold roses. Very pretty! And as I mentioned above, she is a smarty pants and instead of carrying a purse, carries a book.


I love her hair. It's brown with some pink thrown in that's pulled back into a ponytail from the front. Her hair came out very good from the box and is soft and shiny and still has a curl rather than frizz.


The SHOES! These are great boots. Keeping with her fur theme, these are molded to look like fur. I bet her feet and legs are nice and warm. There are straps across the shin and each one is secured with a rose. But for some reason, only the first one was painted. I'll have to fix that. 


I just love these! As I've been saying, Mattel could make a KILLING if they paired with a shoe manufacturer and made these doll shoes in people sizes. How many cool shoes have we seen for both Monster High and Ever After High?


Well, that's all for today everyone! I'm still working through (slowly) getting all my pictures converted from the fallout that was Photobucket and their 3rd party hosting. So soon the blog will be back to its normal self. 

So, do you have Rosabella Beauty or the vintage ballerina outfit in your collection? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's better to be home, I'm glad for you :-). Lovely dolls! I'm crazy about the glasses :-).

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Millicent! It is so much better to be at home. I'm absolutely LOVING it! I loved the glasses best about this Rosabella doll. We only have a couple of other EAH dolls with glasses and they are just the cutest!

Andrea said...

I'm glad you and baby are well, enjoy the time at home. The ballet outfit is a great solution for Barbie's leg issues. I have the ballet outfit for Skipper and the tutu from the Barbie set.

Rosabella is lovely and her glasses are so adorable. Do they still sell EAH in stores? The last store in my area, who still had some early this year cleared them out, totally.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Andrea! Good to see you again! :) I have not seen many EAH in stores around here. Mostly what I see is the budget ballet dolls (the ones with molded tops.) I'm going to get my last basic wave dolls from Amazon and then call it good. I saw that they came out with a "School" line but have not see in stores anywhere. Amazon doesn't even have a good supply of them and they are not that cute anyway. Sad, I thought that EAH would have a good following!