Dolls

Dolls

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Box of Goodies Part 1

Greetings!

I'm back! And for my readers who live in the United States, Happy 4th of July! 

Sometime before Christmas, my dad took a trip to see some family. While he was visiting my aunt and uncle, they gave him a bag of Barbie goodies. They asked him if he would like to have them so he took them. I don't know if these are leftovers from when their granddaughters were little or if they got them at a garage sale knowing my dad regularly looks for dolly things. But there were quite a few little treasures in this bag! (which I then put into a box, so that is why the title is "box" of goodies)

And we also got some awesome girls in this lot of things. So lets introduce them!

The first Barbie is articulated with VERY loose joints. She is on an old body and i'm guessing some kind of gymnast doll. The next one has a beautiful Sleeping Beauty dress. I have the Sleeping Beauty doll and now I have a spare nice dress! The next doll is by "Kid Kore." Next a generic 90's Barbie, a Sandi doll and a very unique AA doll.


She has a 'Barbie' face but is dark skinned. And I know i've seen that dress somewhere. Who is she?
 

She is beautiful.


I was surprised by the first two cuties in this picture. I don't know who they are but they are by Kid Kore and about the size of a Stacy. Next we have a mini Cinderella doll by Disney and then a Barbie where the name of her escapes me! I know I've seen her. 


I just can't get over the curls on the first two. They are too cute!


There were also a few mini dolls thrown in the bunch. Not sure what the first one is but I believe the next three are McDonalds dolls. I know the 4th one is because I have her. The last one is a mini Bratz doll and she is so cute! Loving that pink hair.  

**Thanks to RagingMoon1987 for identifying the Pink Haired cuties as Magenta Morgan from the Hasbro Secret Central dolls. Thank you!**


There were also some great accessories. And an accessory case! Its a cylinder and there are 4 shelves on the inside. It has snaps on the side to keep it closed. The front is a flap that opens and is cardboard covered in plastic. I can see how this can get mangled if it's played with too rough but this one is in great condition. 


There was also this accessory case! This one is by Tara and has one lid and three compartments on the inside. I love it!


And the accessories! This is like an I Spy game. There are brushes, mirrors, shoes, pillows, and lots of miscellaneous! 


Like this little thing in the bottom of the picture. 


Did anyone ever have these or get them for their kids when they were little? These are Sweet Secrets! I had a couple of them! They came with makeup inside.


Then the makeup part folded over...


...and you could make the compact into a little doll.


Mine are long gone by now but they were fun to have! I think some also came with a string so you could wear it as a necklace. 

Another batch of accessories shows a frisbee, a bright green hair accessory, brushes, shoes, combs, there is even a baby in there and in the back I think is maybe a Polly Pocket? 

In the very front is a green keyboard and on the back it says "The Tom and Jerry Band." This is from a McDonalds toy that I had way back when. It came with a white stand and a Tom figurine. 


These accessories were a bunch of table legs, a couple of larger brushes and a sound board which I believe goes with the Barbie and the Rockers stage that I have. (I should get that out someday!) There is also a strange white head thrown in there. It's marked Mattel but I'm thinking it's to display a wig?



This was shown in the back. I'm really not sure what this is. But the wheels pop out and it opens up. I'm thinking it's a little table? 



Also a green locker


Positive this is for our little Bratz doll shown above. The picture in the locker is exactly her! But the Lil' Bratz, Lil' High School Locker dolls don't have lockers that look like this. Maybe she's not a Bratz! **She's not, she's Magenta Morgan from the Hasbro Secret Central dolls. The locker has a Hasbro stamp on the back.**


This little wicker doll. 



Lastly there is this CD player. It has three disks and it only plays these pre recorded disks, no other CD's will work. I don't even know if it works, I should pop some batteries in there and see. I don't even know if it's worth anything. 


And that's all for today! We had some clothes in the box of goodies that I will feature next time. And if you know who those dolls are in the beginning, let me know in the comments!

Until next time!

6 comments:

RagingMoon1987 said...

Could your pink-haired doll possibly be a Hasbro Secret Central doll? This post might help you compare faces a bit.
http://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/2018/05/sunday-surprise-secret-central-dolls-by.html

Best of luck!

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

You are a GENIUS! She is Magenta Morgan from the Secret Central dolls. THANK YOU!!!! And I even have her boots!

Jeanie said...

The Kid Kore dolls are Kelsey (Barbie size) and Katie (Stacie size).

Wise Lady said...

In the center of 1st photo 1997 Barbie e Ginger doll, the t-shirt is her and the pants is in your Part 2 post (blue green checkered pants)

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thanks Wise Lady! That is so helpful! :)

Wise Lady said...


1991 Pretty surprise Barbie (pink dress)