Dolls

Dolls

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 13: Sensational Stars and Silver - 2001 Holiday Celebration Barbie

So Mattel and Barbie want dresses that capture the holiday spirit of the 21st century. Did they do it? I think so!

IMG_8084

Mattel goes above and beyond with this gorgeous silver dress featuring a number of stars. I love evening gowns with stars, not sure why. I guess because the evening is such a magical time where anything can happen under the stars.

The red stole is the perfect accent for this holiday dress.

IMG_8086

She again has a crown but to me Barbie is always a princess, crown or not!

IMG_8085

The back of the box reads: "Holiday Celebration Barbie doll in her shimmering crystalline gown with sivery tiara and long, delicate tendrils is a beautiful reflection of the holiday season. In her dazzling silhouette, she is the brightest star of all!"

IMG_8087

This picture gets me all excited about this doll. Her curls and silvery star-studded sleeves are hidden by the stole. I love it and it makes me want to take her out and display her. Can I have two, one to debox and one to leave in? :)

What do you think of the sleeves? Like or don't like? I like very much.

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I totally love this doll, everything about her is beautiful perfecion. And Mattel gave her one of the lovliest painted Mackie molds.

Forestminuet said...

I agree! Such a beautiful face. Mackie is one of my favourite molds!

The PrairieHomemaker said...

I have this one as well. Found her at a yard sale for $5.
Her box is a mess and I have toyed with the idea of undoing it but in the 4 years I have had her, I have not yet done so.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

You should take her out if her box is messed up. If the box is not doing the doll any favors I say FREE THE DOLLS! lol