Dolls

Dolls

Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 3: Gorgeous Green - 1991 Happy Holidays Barbie

My mom saw how much fun I was having with my 1990 Happy Holidays Barbie that she Santa got me the new one for Christmas this year!

They designed her with more of a Christmas dress this year. Dark green velvet with gems. Absolutely beautiful.

IMG_8038

I got smart this year. I knew that this would be her house just like the last year so I kept the red inner packaging. I also never combed her hair because, well, look how pretty it is! I don't think I ever changed her clothes. I think she was one of the ones that was always at the ball!

IMG_8039
You can see she is tied in with a twist tie. I wanted to keep these dolls like new!
She has a purse this year too which I think is really cute.

Pretty green makeup and red earrings accent her look. And I love the bow in her hair!

IMG_8040

The back of the box reads "A Holiday Treasure in Velvet and "Jewels"!" Her skirt does not poof like that at all. There is no petticoat and because of the weight of the velvet it just doesn't. More professional Barbie photos! They can make her look so pretty.

IMG_8041

There is another picture too just like that tucked away inside. This was my mom's favorite doll. She loved the green.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

She is one of the most beautiful Holiday Barbies and I love her green Eyes. Good you kept her in her box, so her dress could not collect dust - bad habit of velvet fabrics, as well as discoloring. Yours still looks perfect.

Forestminuet said...

Yes, dust on a green dress, not pretty! I love the green eyes too, so super pretty.