Dolls

Dolls

Monday, May 20, 2019

Antique Store Goodies

Welcome Friends!

A couple of weekends ago my dad came over and we went to a really cool antique store. I went here a couple of years ago and LOVED it. I'm not much for antiques but love to look. However this store I fell in love with! There is such an assortment of cool things and it's not like, antiques where you can't touch anything because it costs $300. It's definitely a place where you can touch and haggle and there are people of all ages in there. Even kids! 

So I am here to show you what I got. Believe me when I say that there is definitely something for everyone! 

First, I saw a ziploc bag full of doll furniture!

This is dollhouse sized furniture so not for our 11 1/2" dolls. But would be perfect for our Stacie or Kelly dolls. 

First, this wooden armchair. Would be super easy to make a seat cushion for this chair. 



A little end table


 The kitchen sink with a little drain board!
 

A nightstand with lamp. I LOVED the little lamp!


An old radio. This and the lamp were by far my favorite pieces in the set.


And lastly, a kitchen table with two plates. 


So cute! I wiped them all down with a little Pledge to give them a shine (and clean and protect) and then wrapped them in some paper towels until I find out how I want to display them. 

Now, for the pièce de résistance


Our family has grown by one. We are now a 5 person family. :)


Now I am not a porcelain or bisque doll collector. I have a beautiful Jackie O wedding day porcelain doll that I am needing to sell because I just don't have room. And my passion is Barbie. But I saw this little sweetie and I picked her up and put her back. And then picked her up again and didn't put her down until I was back in the car heading home. 

One reason is she was in SUCH good condition. Her outfit was not ripped or dirty. Her hair was intact as well as her eyelashes. She was not scratched, scuffed or dinged. She was perfect. And she came home with me. 

She has a soft body and she is also weighted. All I have was a luggage scale so I could get a rough idea of how much she weighed and she is about 2.2lbs. (1010 g. my scale weighed in grams and I couldn't change it!)


She has porcelain hands and head. With tiny little nails!


See what I mean about the dress? Mint!


The hair was a big one for me. All intact. And those eyelashes!


Under the hair is a marking. Sugar Britches Reproduction. A Boots Tyner Design. 1986. One reason it's in such good condition is because it's not that old. I couldn't find a whole lot about Sugar Britches.


I decided to pose her a little bit with some blankets so she looks more comfortable than just sitting up on my bedside table. I am so in love with her!


Also that weekend there was a flea market. No dolls but I did find this book!


What a great book about the legacy of Barbie. I've read it already. :) And it has some cool details like an actual letter that you would receive if you wanted to be a part of the Barbie Fan Club and the booklet you would get with the dolls that showcased some of the fashions! Like this one. 


And that's all for today? What do you think of the new additions? Know anything about the Sugar Britches dolls? Let me know in the comments!

Believe it or not, there are more fashions coming up in the next posts as well as some more cuties that I got for Christmas. Until then! 

3 comments:

discodiva1979 said...

What a lovely realistic baby doll. Boots Tyner seems to be the artist of this doll you found. Love the doll furniture, what a treasure Take care and keep on thriftin

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thanks Discodiva! I'm definitely going to visit that store again and see what other treasures I can find!

we craft workshop said...

Hello, I m collecting my doll house since i was a child and its already old big and full, your article makd me feel so good and inspired to go and buy/ make something more . thank you for sharing,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFwTX3Azu3dsxSTg5O2L-Yw?view_as=subscriber