Dolls

Dolls

Monday, March 23, 2020

Giftages 2019 - Post 4

Hi Friends!

Are we all staying busy during this quarantine? Not going to lie, I've been feeling a little like this girl!

www.shopdisney.com
It was time to do ALL the laundry, organize the pantry, organize the toys, mop the floor, clean the fingerprints off the TV and hubby did some yard work. Phew! But in between those tasks I've been having some fun playing with Barbie. I can't wait to show you the fashion show. It's going to be great! But before we have the fashion show, we need to feature the new additions to my growing Barbie collection! And, all vintage of course!

But check out this fabulously vintage doll case! I just love it!


OOPS!
 

It has two pockets on the lid perfect for holding all kinds of dolly goodies. 
 

Now for the girls!

My dad picked this one up at a flea market. What a score!
 

This is an absolutely beautiful Titian #7 Ponytail doll. My first one with that color!
 

Her bangs are near perfect but her hair has started to frizz and fuzz from play. That's okay, i'm sure I can fix it up real good. 
 

Not a lot of nail polish left on her right hand
 

And it's starting to come off of her left hand. 
 

Toe nail polish coming off too. Not surprising honestly.
 

She is wearing the coat from It's Cold Outside #819. Mine is missing the hat and the belt but it's an outfit I didn't have!

An absolutely perfect blonde reproduction doll. I don't mind...vintage bodies!
 

Her ponytail has been well taken care of and has a nice curl at the end. 
 

Such a pretty face. That red lip and those pearl earrings. 
 

She is wearing the Scoopneck Playsuit Pak from 1962-63.

This beautiful brunette bubblecut!
 

Her face paint is in excellent condition! And her hair too for that matter!
 

I adore this outfit! She is wearing the Plain Blouse Fashion Pak from 1962-1963 and the Short Skirt Knit Fashion Pak from 1963. The blouse came with a hot pink purse and the skirt came with a matching sash with fringe (it kind of looked like a scarf) and a pair of glitter cat eye sunglasses. What a treasure it would have been to have those, especially the sunglasses!
 

What do I see on this last doll? 
 

PJ! But sadly, this not a PJ doll. Just a Sunset Malibu Barbie wearing the Talking PJ dress. SO mod!
 

Lip color is a little smeared but that's okay! She's so beautiful. I love this style of mod doll.
 

As shown in the picture above, the hem is coming out of the neckline and there is some odd stitching on her left sleeve. The rest of the dress seems to be in good shape. I love those bell sleeves!
 

Well that's it for today! I'll have some fun fashions coming up in the next post. I seem to be getting a lot of bubblecut dolls. Were there more bubblecut dolls made than ponytail? I'm not complaining by any means! I love vintage no matter what hairstyle!

Do you have any of these fashions? Or the Sunset Malibu Barbie? Or maybe Talking PJ? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!

5 comments:

Treesa said...

I have a set of Malibu Barbie 'triplets' that I bought from a thrift store. I named them Mali (as in Malibu), Cali (for California) and Dena (Pasadena). Dena has cut hair, but I think it actually looks pretty good on her.
Signed, Treesa

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Even though I don't have a place for them in my collection, I love looking at other people's vintage Barbies. I find it so interesting to think of how they started in life as a toy for some little girl, and now they look so sophisticated and well-aged.

Fortunately for me, my youngest daughter is home from work, and has been updating our kitchen organization amd relining some of the cupboards. I'm trying to make progress on doll projects and organization.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Treesa, I love the names you chose for your triplets! Not going to lie, the Sunset Malibu Barbie is one of my all time favorites! Short or long hair, I don't think there is a hairstyle that doesn't look great on this particular doll.

Barb, I so agree! It is fun to think about how these dolls started their life of play. But all those delicate fabrics and outfits....they must have been very careful with their toys! Kitchen organization is a great one. We just organized our closet a month and a half ago when the shelves collapsed. Or else that would be on my list too!

The PrairieHomemaker said...

I have a few of the Malibus. I have 1 brunette bubble cut her face is good but her egs are shot. I think her hair is thin too. I have her on a higher shelf so she doesn't get touched and further damaged.
I don't find many vintage around here. Mostly 90s and newer.
Love your new darlings!
hugs
m

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Mel! Good to hear from you!

Not many around here either. It's my dad who seems to score all the good deals! Mostly 90's and newer here too. Although there haven't been ANY dolls at the thrift store last time I went (last month sometime, before the shutdown.) I can't wait to get more out and play some more!

Hugs!