Dolls

Dolls

Monday, May 4, 2020

Giftages 2019 - Post 7

Welcome Barbie Friends!

Well, this post was originally supposed to be the Fashion Show. However, when I was getting things ready, I found this girl.


I totally forgot to post about her in the beginning when I was showing off the new dolls. Barbie, I'm so sorry I forgot about you!

A couple days before Christmas Eve, our immediate family, my husband and I and our boys do our little Christmas celebration. We travel on Christmas Eve and to avoid lugging all our gifts to someones house (usually his or my parents) and then lugging even more gifts (toys) back home, we just open them at our house. 

This was my gift from the boys and she got put away with some other things and not with the other lot of Barbie stuff that I got from my dad. So she got missed. :( But she is here now!

This is the Toy Story 4 Barbie from the movie! Now I don't remember if Barbie was ever in Toy Story 4. If she is it's a very small part in the very beginning of the movie. She has a very strong part in Toy Story 3 so I'm not sure why they put out a doll for the 4th movie. However I'm not complaining!

And her box is photo friendly!


She is just a generic newer style Barbie body with no new face sculpt. (Not surprising since she is styled after a 1983 doll.) But wouldn't it have been nice if she had that 90's face mold? 

Her bangs are "Holiday Barbie" hard.
 

And those legwarmers! She does not have Made to Move knees, I checked.
 

She does have a flat foot I believe because of these pink shoes. No ankle joints.
 

Here is what the back of the box says. "It's a new chapter in the lives of Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the 'Toy Story' gang. From their new kid Bonnie's house to an exciting road trip, they'll encounter friends - old and new - and face all kinds of adventures along the way."
 

If you haven't seen the movie yet, do. It's really good. I promise. :)

And just for reference, let's take a look at the original 1983 Great Shape Barbie! How does she compare? 
 
www.pinterest.com/Sheila Bracha
Great Shape Barbie comes with her own workout bag and those pink high heels! The tie around the waist is different and she comes with a headband. No bangs. The colors are pretty much spot on! Great job Mattel!

That's all for today. Next post it will FINALLY be time for the long awaited Fashion Show! Until then!

No comments: