Dolls

Dolls

Friday, May 14, 2021

Quarantine Summertime Goodies

Hi Friends!

Before I start this post I want to tell you something funny. My three year old was on the floor in the pantry saying "Dolly! Dolly!" I told him that there were no dollies in the laundry room as they had all been put away. He kept adamantly insisting that there was a dolly somewhere in there. Lo and behold....


 
This beautiful Kira doll was wedged between the sink cabinet and the dryer. She must have fallen out of the basket I had the dolls in when I picked them up from my last trip to the thrift store. I'm so sorry Kira! She got a wash at the spa and turned out beautifully.

 
Unfortunately there was quite a bit of pull out as Miko hair tends to get all sorts of tangled. So she was supposed to be included in my last post of thrift store goodies but as she fell behind the dryer, she missed the photo shoot.

And she has some nice wave in her hair too! Beautiful!


 
Hope your days have been well! The days are getting warmer which makes me so very happy as I'm a summertime girl. And the days have been BUSY and I didn't realize it had been a month since my last blog post! So sorry about that one! But here I am and I hope you all like what I have in store for today.

Last summer I was deep in the throes of my depression and my husband told me to go to my parents for the weekend to have a break. Since it was 2020 and the height of the COVID struggle, my parents house was a safe place as my dad (and my grandma and mom who lived together in another house) had all been tested and came back negative. Well, you know what happens when I go to my dads. Him who finds all the dolly goodness.

In a previous post, I told you how I came home with this girl. Skelita Calaveras from the Monster High Gore-geous ghoul line.



As I mentioned in that post, my dad found her and originally bought her for my cousin, once-removed. (I think I got that right, my cousins daughter.) But the more he thought about it, he wasn't sure if she would want it as she is getting older and may not be into Monster High anymore.

At this point I was like...



 
...and we went digging in the bins in the shed. And oh, treasure trove! If you are into Monster High, this is the post for you.

There was a bin of VERY VERY distressed Monster High dolls. Distressed as in missing hands, arms, clothes. So I went through the bin and got some hands paired with dolls and with clothes and shoes and brought them home with me.
 
And my adorable boys posing with some of the girls :)





So let's take a look at who came home with me! I put all the dolls together and at the time I had no idea which doll was which and who was who so these pictures are just what I had dressed them in before they went to the spa.
 
Little Miss Frankie Stein! She's wearing the dress from the Home Ick doll but this is the Ghoul Spirit Frankie.

When I said 'distressed' I wasn't kidding!

And she has the boots from the Freaky Fusion Frankie doll (Frankie + Clawdeen.) Unfortunately that doll was not in the mix. I wish she was. She has some beautiful blonde and black hair.



Ghoulia Yelps!
I just love her blue hair. Judging from all the clothes I got this is the Scaris: City of Frights Ghoulia and she is wearing the dress from the Designer Booo-tique Frankie.



The shoes are also from the Booo-tique Frankie.



Howleen Wolf! She is adorable! This is the doll from the Wolf Family 4-pack.


 
I just love her outfit and she was in really good condition. Unfortunately I couldn't find any shoes in the mix that matched.


 
Lagoona Blue! This is the Dot Dead Gorgeous Lagoona.



The holes on her legs are for her fins but they are long since gone (as I said, these dolls were very distressed.) Her shoes are from the Frights, Camera, Action Lagoona.



Draculaura! This is a budget Fearleader (cheerleader) Draculaura doll. They have molded on shoes and swimsuits and are not articulated. I actually got two of these dolls but neither of them came with the pink skirt.




 
Here is a generic Frankie Stein playline doll. With her original dress. She is not articulated so she is from later in the series.



And shoes! I got that one right on the first try.



This is a super cute Howleen Wolf. This is Ghoul Fair Howleen.



She has some super cute shoes with balloons on them. Since her dress had balloons I knew these ones were for her.



This is another vampire but this is not Draculaura, this is Elissabat! I loved her purple hair with red streaks. Reminded me of Operetta.


 
It took me a few to find who she was. She has little cooking utensils on her dress like a whisk and rolling pins.



This is the Ghoul Fair Elissabat and her fair entry is cake pops so hence the utensils. I have the accessory for her (tray of cake pops) and it's so cute. And her shoes! The heel is a whisk!



Of course there would be a Clawdeen Wolf in the mix! Love that beautiful curly hair. This the Clawdeen from the Wolf Family 4-Pack. The same one from the first Howleen as shown above.


 
And the only purple shoes I could find. These actually are for the Abbey Bominable Coffin Bean doll. Boots don't really go but hey, they're purple.



Another Draculaura. This is the Draculaua from the Beast Bites Cafe Playset. I have the table and chairs from the playset, this is how I know it's the playset doll and not the stand alone Creepateria doll.



Her shoes were already on her so I didn't have to do any guessing here.



This is such a cute Clawdeen and in relatively good condition as compared to the rest of them. This is the Dance the Fright Away Welcome to Monster High Clawdeen.



As with Draculaura above, her shoes were also on her so they were the correct ones for sure.



This girl loved Frankie! (I think the biggest 'stars' of MH were Draculaura, Frankie and Clawdeen but correct me if I'm wrong.) This is Ghoul Spirit Frankie (Yep, there were two of them.) She is supposed to come with a spongy finger. That was not included, boo.



I initially had these shoes on Ghoulia but then thought they looked better on her. Turns out they are her original shoes.



Last of the Monster High crowd is Clawdia Wolf. And you guessed it. She is from the Wolf Family 4-pack. Notice how her cardigan matches Howleens shirt? I just am in love with that yellow hair!



These were the only shoes that I had a pair of that matched somewhat with her outfit. I know they are for a Frankie (Freaky Fusion Recharge Chamber Frankie) but opted to put them on her since she came with yellow shoes anyway.



It may be last of the Monster High dolls but there were a few others included in the mix that I brought home with me.

This is a Merida doll. Poor girl needs some help with her curls. This is the 2012 Merida doll by Mattel.



Doesn't have a belt or shoes however her dress is clean and in perfect condition.



A cute little Enchantimal! Enchantimals are a relatively new line but I guess when they got rid of dolls they got rid of them all. This is Sage Skunk with her pet Caper.



And lastly, Project MC2!



Can we just appreciate how beautiful Project MC2 dolls are? Those real eyelashes? Those glass like eyes? This is Camryn Coyle and the doll from her project "Camryn's Skateboard."



Yes, poor Camryn is missing a hand. But I still had to take her with me. I just loved her too much and she had both of her shoes so yeah! That's a plus! The jacket is not hers and neither are these jeans. She came with some leggings and shorts and no jacket. I don't know where they came from. So if someone can ID the jacket and/or pants I would appreciate it!


 
So all of these dolls went to the spa and got the royal treatment!

Lagoona got some rollers and a boil dip to set the curls.



And I tried to preserve Welcome to Monster High Clawdeen's hair as best as I could. It was styled really cute and I know I would not be able to recreate it.



And four of the cuties got a front row seat on my shelf. I chose the Wolf Family 4-pack Clawdeen because her hair after a wash had these absolutely gorgeous curls that totally came back even though she had matted hair. I love them!







As I mentioned above, I went through the bin and picked out the best dolls with all body parts and hair and clothes, etc. What happened with the other dolls that were not so lucky?

They came home with me too. I went back and brought home the rest of them. I wasn't able to take all of them the first time as I had my small car with me but when I brought back our SUV a few weeks later, ALL of it came back. And not only dolls, but something else too that I'm sure you will love to see.

So friends, have Monster High in your collection? Who is your favorite? Have any of these dolls? Let me know in the comments!

The other dolls will be featured in the next post. Until then!

4 comments:

Sheltie Times said...

I love reading about people that can reclaim and put dolls back together and put new life into them. Not my talent, but so amazing to see it happen.

I remember buying the Monster High dolls for my now almost graduated great niece. She loved those dolls along with the Ever After dolls.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thank you so much! I really have a passion for making dolls fabulous again! It's fun. I was so amazed at how well Monster High did. I think it was such a change from traditional dolls that it was fun to collect them. I have all of the first wave Ever After High dolls. Wished they would have continued with that line! :)

Eklectic1 said...

Love all your individual photos. You really make me appreciate the cuteness of the Monster High dolls. I collect their shoes to put on my Liv and Jakks Pacific dolls, and have to admit... if I'd been a kid... I would have wanted these. As an adult, I am fascinated by how people have embraced and customized them... I really like how you rescued thus crew. I do Frankendollies with Barbie bodies and Disney Cinderellas and other loose, often vintage Barbie family heads. Completing dolls is SO satisfying and sometimes that's how I can afford to collect certain head molds!

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hello Eklectic! I do love sharing shoes with my other dolls. Unfortunately they are too big for Barbie! I love when others do their own customization, they turn out so cool. I'm going to have to check out your Frankendollies, how cool! :)