Dolls

Dolls

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Hitting the Garage Sales Again!

Welcome Friends!

It's summer so that means garage sales are getting up and running again! And that means...new dolly fun finds! Well, it means that there are new fun finds that my dad gets for me because I never seem to find anything. Garage sales are better over where my dad lives anyway. Cheap prices made to sell, a variety of everything, all that good stuff. Oh well.

But, he brought me a bag of goodies. Let's see whats inside!

A very pretty butterfly doll. This is Barbie Mariposa and the Fairy Princess Mariopsa doll.



There is a knob in back to fold her wings down and they create a skirt! But the knob was a little sticky and it ended up breaking when I tried to wind it. It was a really cool thing because when you released the knob her skirt fluttered back up into wings. Probably the reason it was in the garage sale. Check out a video on YouTube an you can see it. Super fun.

But she is so pretty and I do like her a lot.


 
This next one is a pretty swimsuit doll. Generic doll, soft plastic but I liked her hair and the flower.



Swimsuit is handmade and does not fit her so well. She's a good a candidate for a rebody someday if I can find a skin tone to match.



Here is an old style body Barbie. She has one broken earring but the other on was intact. It's a dangle star. Making her 1991 Sun Sensation Barbie! (With a bad haircut.)



Not hard to tell where her top was from. A Lee Jeans fashion pack from 1995.



The pants I'm still having trouble identifying. They are a purple shiny pant with belt and a little star sequin above the right pocket. I've tried Hannah Montana dolls, Liv Dolls and others and I still can't find the origin. If anyone knows, please let me know!


 
Ken! Easy to ID him as I have his female counterpart. 1990 All American Ken! Unfortunately no shirt or Reebok's.


 
A pretty Aurora doll. Who is in need of a hair day. She has molded on shoes and swimsuit and a plastic skirt. Some kind of water play doll. This is a 2014 Water Play Princess Aurora.


 
According to the box, her hair and swimsuit change color! I'll have to try it out.


 
Outfit is a little big for our next cutie. She has such a unique face so I was determined to find her. Markings on the back said Tyco and it took me a minute but finally found her! This is the 1991 Ariel's Sister Arista doll. From what I can tell Arista was the only one of Ariel's sisters that was made. There were also a couple of Ariel dolls manufactured by Tyco. Wish I had a mermaid outfit to put on her. Time to get sewing I guess!

The yellow dress is a 1983 Barbie Fashion Fun 4802, Golden Mini.



Another doll with a unique face. Cannot ID the doll or the dress (which is a genuine Barbie fashion.) I have a few of these "nylon" type dresses. Almost like tent material. I have not been able to identify any of these dresses. So strange.



I do like her. Maybe I will put her in a Super Mario Fashion and display her. But in the meantime...help!


This doll gave me a good chuckle because I knew which line he was from when I saw him. This is from the 1990 New Kids on the Block Dolls. This is Hangin' Loose Joey McIntyre.



I was never into NKOTB as much as some of my friends were (I was ALLLL ABOUT Mariah Carey at the time!) But he's in good condition and it's nice to have another face sculpt in the male doll arsenal (even if it is molded on hair.)


 
This one threw me through a loop for sure.


 
Oh the hair. I tried to look for some markings and on the back of her head I saw the name "Stacy." And the manufacturer, all I could make out was "Remc."



I was amazed when I found out the manufacturer was "Remco" and that this is a 1991 Baby-Sitters Club Stacy doll. She also came with one of her little kids Charlotte. I was in LOVE with the BSC back in the day. I had every single one of the books. My favorite thing to do during the summer was cuddle up in our recliner with a book and read the entire thing in one day. I didn't even know they had dolls or else I probably would have begged my parents for them.

Stacy has a bad haircut so we'll have to do something about that. They are smaller than a Barbie (probably between a Skipper and a Stacie) so her dress is much too large. Any ID's on it? Doesn't look homemade.



Cutie!



And oh how I wanted her when I was younger. This the 1988 My Little Pony Megan doll that came with the Twice as Nice Sundance horse. Her face sculpt is different than the earlier Megan dolls. But I don't care. I just wish I had her dress!



She is just a little bit larger than a Hairdorable doll. Her skirt is from a 1999 Kelly Fashion Favorites fashion pack.



And look....her hair still changes color in the sun! Pink streaks appear.


 
A Teresa doll wearing a Belle dress. I have another one just like it.



In back was a wind up and something that resembled wings. She is 2000 Flying Butterfly Teresa. She still works but I do not have her dress or a pair of wings for her.


Not sure on this one. Little doll, about the size of a Kelly but generic, not Mattel. And no clue on the dress which is just a tad bit big for her. Ideas?



My dad was excited to show me this one. He thought she is so cute and she is! Little Kelly. The one piece outfit is too big for her but too small for a Barbie.



Now for the fashions!

Grass Skirt



Yellow floral long skirt



Dress from 1996 Flower Fun Barbie


 
Yellow Jumper from 1982 Barbie Fashion Fun 5719, Backyard Barbecue!



I'm hoping someone can ID this one. Pretty pink dress.



Hawaiian Fun Kira swimsuit. I think I have three of these now!



As I was looking through NKOTB dolls for Joey I found this jacket on another one of the dolls! From the 1990 Hangin' Loose Jordan Knight doll.



A homemade tiny romper. I tried it and it's still too big for the Kelly doll.



And lastly, a homemade hooded cape.



I have one last girl for you. Last week we were camping and on the last day my husband tore his foot open on a nail that was sticking out of the docks. Deep too. So while hubby was at the urgent care getting his foot cleaned and stitched up I hit a couple of garage sales in the town we were in. I bought a book for the boys, a fire truck toy, a little airplane toy and I saw this girl! (she had to come with me.)



By her looks, her hair style and earrings I'm almost positive she is the Then and Now 1959-2009 Bathing Suit Beauty Barbie.
I have her NIB!



This dress is from a Trend Fashion Pack from 2008. I have a few other pieces from the pack so I'm getting close to getting the whole fashion set!

The jacket I'm striking out on. It's a leather material. Got ties at the end of the sleeves and at the bottom corners of the jacket. If you pull on those it gathers the jacket at the waist. Any leads or know who it comes from?


And that's it! And my dad has some more goodies. I just need to get those from him next weekend when he's here,

Friends, any of these dolls in your collection? Love those delicious 80's fashions? Know who some of these beauties are or where they got their outfit? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!

4 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Your doll in the yellow dress with the pink flowers looks like a Hasbro Sindy from around the 80s. I would think she would have a Hasbro mark somewhere if that was the case, though.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Barb! I just checked the back of her and it's not Hasbro. Its T.B.K.I 1995. There is not much information about them anywhere!

The PrairieHomemaker said...

Teresa,
When I google TBKI I get mainly things from Canada. Maybe a Canadian Barbie clone?
She does look like a Sindy doll.
Hugs
Mel

Treesa said...

The cut and style of the little blue dress with the white polka dots reminds me of clothes from the Sylvanian Families/Calico Critters line of flocked, jointed animals. But I haven't verified.
Signed, Treesa