Dolls

Dolls

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Barbie's Equine Beauties

Welcome Friends!

It seems that the weather has turned quickly hasn't it? We have been over 100 degrees F (38 C.) and then at the snap of a finger the temp dropped to the low 70's F. (21 C.) Brr! Not cold to some but after you have been sweltering all summer then the 70's feels like the Arctic. 

So while I was in the house chillin' out in the air conditioning I realized that there was two items that I had never ID'd. A couple of Barbie Horses!

I got these horses so long ago from my awesome dad (I like to affectionately call him my Barbie obsession enabler) lol! When I got them from him there was a lot of life changes going on. I was working full time, taking care of a 1 year old alone while my husband was working on our new house. I was also trying to pack up non-essentials for our move while trying to take care of all house duties as well. I was a sad, tired and stressed momma and the horses kind of got lost in the shuffle. I had them in the cabinet where I keep my dolly goodies and just never did anything with them. 

Until today!

I was never really a horse collector. I didn't have any Breyer horse models but I was HEAVILY into My Little Pony. 

Yeah, I was just a WEE bit obsessed with them when I was little. About 95% of them I got brand new except the odd handful from random garage sales. So I have all the accessories and they have been kept in pristine condition. They are a part of me like my Barbies. I don't think I could part with any of them!

So because of all this I was never really into Barbie horses growing up. So I am pleased to say that these are my first two Barbie horses EVER!

Let's see who they are!

First is a pretty white horse with purple accessories.

This is the 1999 Brushable Beauties Willow Horse. She came with a lot of accessories for her hair which I don't have any of. 

There is a small yellow spot on her forehead and some paint that has rubbed off her muzzle.

Some of her paint has been scuffed but overall in great condition.

I love all the details on the saddle.

 And our second beauty is this pegasus.

Such a beautiful horse! This is the 2000 Rainbow Horse and Sprinkles Gift Set. Sprinkles was the little mini horse fairy that you could carry with this horse on her saddle. Sprinkles could spread her glittery fairy dust everywhere! (I'm sure parents loved that.)

I love the pink reins with dangle diamond hearts on them.

This horse was made for Princess Barbie and there is a place she can ride on the side of the saddle (since she's wearing a long skirt.)

The wings are in excellent condition with no snags or tears in them. And the box states that the wings really fly! They do, just push the horse toward and away from yourself and they move.

And this is the dress for the Princess Barbie that goes with the horse. So if I wanted to I could have the doll that was made for the horse!

And that's all for today! Next post coming up in a couple weeks. Until then!

No comments: