Dolls

Dolls

Monday, April 30, 2018

Wonders of the World

Greetings!

I have more dolls to show you from the lot I purchased a few weeks ago. 

This is the fabulous Big Ben Dolls of the World Landmark Collection!


This is a pink label collector doll and she is fabulous! Just look at that dress! 

I didn't know but according to the back of the box, these dolls were created for the 30th anniversary of the Dolls of the World. It reads: "Barbie commemorates the 30th Anniversary of the Dolls of the World collection with the Landmark Collection. The whirlwind celebration features Barbie dressed in gowns inspired by the world's most famous architecture! Beautiful London is England's culture and fashion capital. Stylish sites here include many wonderful theaters, museums, parks and the Thames River. Among London's historic treasures are royal palaces, the Tower of London, and the Crown Jewels, Rising above the fashionable city is the clock tower that houses Big Ben. This famed landmark inspires an artistic reinterpretation of fashion and architectural design - Big Ben Barbie doll."


I just LOVE this dress. There is a clock face on the torso (with real clock arms!) The neckline is designed to represent the top of the tower. And I love her face mold. 


The skirt represents Big Ben perfectly and has a sheer train that follows behind.


How cute is this clutch purse? It has numbers on it.


I tried to take her out for boxed but deboxed pictures but the bottom of the box is cardboard attached to the plastic so no luck. 

I remember a long time ago (2012), I saw the Sydney Opera House Barbie doll at Target. She was almost $40 at the time. I looked online and saw that she is not going for much more than that (and sometimes less) on eBay. I was curious as to what other dolls there were in the collection. 

Here is the Sydney Opera House doll

barbie.mattel.com 

They have the Statue of Liberty

barbie.mattel.com

And the Eiffel Tower

barbie.mattel.com 

Va-va-voom! Is that the Mackie Head Mold. LOOOOOOVE.

So I looked all of these up on eBay and the Sydney Opera House and the Statue of Liberty are both going for around $30-$40 each. So not too bad. The Eiffel Tower? Yeah. WAY out of my price range. I'm guessing it's because anything French is ridiculously popular, especially the Eiffel Tower. I know little girls who have their rooms decorated in Eiffel Tower paraphernalia. The Big Ben is the second highest priced doll. Since I have one, I might think about picking up the other two for now and get the Eiffel Tower one when I can find the right price. I've got one, might as well get the other ones too!

www.barbiecollector.com

barbie.mattel.com

Do you have any of the Landmark Dolls of the World in your collection? Let me know in the comments! 

More to come!

1 comment: