Dolls

Dolls

Friday, June 29, 2018

A Post Fit For A King

Welcome Back! 

I hope you all enjoyed the last post of new Barbie Super Mario fashions. They are just so cute!

I can't get enough of these girls.


I have another newcomer today. 


It is The King himself! Elvis Presley.

I found this at a garage sale. It was an estate sale and he was sitting as a decoration on an end table, probably where he had been for years. So I snatched him up. I HAD to!

He is in pristine condition. A little dusty but that ain't no thing. :) (And the brown thing on his shirt is a petal that got stuck there from being in the car)


From searching online, I am being told that this is one of the outfits from his movie "Jailhouse Rock." His guitar is very detailed but unfortunately missing one of the tuning keys is broken off. And after this photo was taken, my son dropped the guitar on the floor and another one broke off but I was able to find it and glue it back on. The joys of kids!


His shoes are even detailed like they are in the movie. I have since cleaned them up and they turned out perfect. They are a soft vinyl so they were a little more difficult to get any scuffing off of.


And unfortunately I don't have a complete stand as this one didn't have a base. But Elvis stands perfectly on his own. 


Here is a picture of the doll in the box. There have been many variations of Elvis dolls through the years and even Barbie Loves Elvis dolls too. I even saw a box of three Tommy Loves Elvis dolls. So cute!

www.funkandjunk.com
Personally I would LOVE to have an Elvis doll of the White Thunderbird Jumpsuit. 

Side Note: Did anyone watch the Stanley Cup Finals? Hockey this year? One of the teams in the finals was the new NHL team the Vegas Golden Knights. It was SO FUNNY to watch those games and see a group of Elvis impersonators in the front row! 

I also added another pair of dolls to the collection. 


This is the 1998 Target Special Edition Halloween Party Barbie and Ken Gift Set. How cute is this? AND...the box is friendly for boxed but deboxed photos!


How many of you have dressed up as a pirate for Halloween? I have. :) And Barbie and Ken are so adorable. 

This is a classic 90's Barbie head mold and she wears a do-rag and gold hoop earrings.


Also wears a gold bracelet and ring. Gotta show off that pirates booty!


 She has velour boots.


Also comes with a treat bag full of candy and a goblet for her favorite Halloween themed beverage.


Ken is dressed in a pirate hat with a skull and crossbones, vest and purple shirt. OH, and the eye patch!


He also has one gold earring in his left ear.


His pants are red and white striped with a jagged hem and just like Barbie, velour boots.


The back of the box mentioned that Ken had a ponytail. I didn't notice until I looked closely and yes, there it was!


And also like Barbie, has a treat bag with goodies and a goblet for drinks.


Here is a picture of the back of the box. Not my photo, I forgot to take one before I stored these away. It reads:

"It's a Halloween costume party. And shiver-me-timbers! In their fantastic his and her pirate costumes, Barbie and Ken dolls are the winners of their costume parade contest! (Check out Ken doll's cool pirate ponytail!!)

Invite your friends to join Barbie and Ken at a Halloween party at your house!

Put on a Costume Parade! Your friends can vote for the best costumes in these categories (or come up with your own.) Give the winners an award like this: Most Creative, Scariest, Fanciest, Silliest."

And also the Halloween Safety tips that are on every Halloween item. (Stay in well lit areas, go with a group, flashlight, etc.)


It also said that there are doll sized invitations and awards inside. I had to look a bit to find them. They weren't in the box loose but were taped to the insert on the back. Along with the brush!


And there you are! That's it for this post! Do you have any Elvis dolls in your collection? How about the Halloween Party Barbie and Ken? Let me know in the comments! 

I'm also getting one more post ready for you all. I'll have it up in the next week or so (pending child care/mommy duties!) 

Until then!

5 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

At the last garage sale I went to, a woman was selling about 20 years worth of NRFB Holiday Barbie dolls. She was asking $25 a piece for them, even the newer ones that I could have picked up at the local TRU before it closed! People at garage sales around here seem to be asking Craigslist or eBay prices even though it's a garage sale. If I'm going to go outside and tool around in the heat, I'm expecting bargains!

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Funny you mentioned that Barb because at the same garage sale I found the Elvis at, she had two Marilyn Monroe dolls NRFB that she wanted $20 a piece for when I could get them for $11.99 on eBay! You do want a bargain at garage sales and some just don't understand that!

Yes, $25 a piece is way too high! Hope you got some good deals out there!

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

I'll also say that the Elvis was not that expensive. I got a trash can, a build a bear, Elvis, and some tools for $18. It was a garage sale price!

DollsDolour said...

Hello! Find my way here hopping from blog to blog - lovely finds you made and the Elvis doll is a handsome one!

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi DollsDolour, thanks for stopping by! Glad you found the blog! He is such a handsome doll, I can't believe he was in such good condition out of the box!