Dolls

Dolls

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Barbie's Mod Fashion Trunk

Welcome friends!

Are you ready for some MOD fabulousness? 

The answer is YES! Yes you are! :)

Looky at this!


Did you all see the price sticker? $3?!?!? The Barbie and Stacey Sleep 'n Keep Case! 

Here's a funny story. My dad picked this one up at a yard sale and some lady kept following him around asking him if he was going to buy it. She even offered him more money for it than was listed at! But he knew I would love it so he didn't give in. 

*psst, thanks Dad* 

Because YES! I do love it! LOVE LOVE

Check this out!


This case is fantastic. It's all vinyl and all intact. It is not ripped or torn in any way. Just a little stiff from being folded up all these years. It reminds me of my fashion doll bedroom case that I have. If you want to check that out you can read about it here!

It has a place to keep your accessories.


And do you see what that is in the lower left hand corner? OH YES, there was clothes! And even dolls!

First let's take a look at the dolls. We have...

...The Sunshine Family!


Honestly I didn't know who these friends were to begin with. I knew the era was the 70's and by the Mattel markings on the back and finally found them with a Google search. 

This girl is Stephie! She was not wearing these clothes in the case when I took her out. I was surprised to see that her dress was in the mix but not her white smock. How cute is she? Her hair has been cut so maybe I can find a cute hat to put on her.
 

This guy is Steve! I was pleasantly surprised to see that he came with both of his shoes. Funny but Stephie was wearing Steve's clothes when she came out of this case. He is complete!
 

The Sunshine Family is very interesting. While Barbie had everything that she ever wanted, The Sunshine Family worked and sold goods off the back of their yellow pick up truck. They were the epitome of the typical (and maybe hippie) 70's family. I just love them. 

The Sunshine Family was sold with their baby (Little Sweets) but I do not have it. There was also the grandparents you could get as well as an AA family called The Happy Family with Hal, Hattie and Baby Hon. They are the cutest dolls with the cutest faces. LOVE them. 

For our next doll...



Twist n' Turn! Brunette! *squee*

Poor Barbie though. She has a bit of a mohawk. It's not all that bad...I guess. But her eyelashes are mostly intact so that's a plus.


And it's in a cute braid in the back so I can live with it for now. Maybe I can style it a bit differently.
 

And let's check out this fabulous mod raincoat!
 

There are more fashions which I will get to next but they are not original Mattel Barbie fashions. There were a few with a "Made in Hong Kong" tag so they are Barbie clone fashions. I checked out some Maddie Mod and Betsy Teen fashions but none of these came up. This raincoat is a clone fashion. So if you know which line they came from please let me know!

More clothes! SO Mod!

WOW! If this doesn't scream "70's" I don't know what does! I'm sure some of you know exactly which doll this came off of.


The tag was a dead giveaway.
 

Julia! I am sad that this doll was not included in the assortment. 

www.pinterest.com via Theriault's (www.theriaults.com)
Two bright green dresses which have the clone fashion tag.



Another clone fashion. What a cute winter dress!
 

Another black dress, clone fashion.
 

Here is a homemade fur collar coat.
 

No tag but not homemade, ballet halter tutu
 

Homemade gold shirt. Maybe for Steve Sunshine!
 

Handmade smock shirt. Cute print and pocket details!
 

Knit skirt
 

A long pink hooded sleeveless cover up and some pink tights. Maybe they go with the tutu shown above?
 

A black jacket and blue shirt. Again, maybe for Steve Sunshine?
 

I'm not sure what this is. Maybe just a short sleeve throw on?
 

This did not have any tags but I can tell is not homemade. This is another raincoat this time in leopard print! It is way cool!
 

So mod! Large floral long sleeve shirt dress with a collar and black tie.
 

Lastly we have a shower cap with the same print as the raincoat above and a gingham shirt.
 

And yes, we did have some accessories! We have record players, mismatched shoes, ski poles, a red umbrella (maybe to go with the red polka dot raincoat?) some hangers and also what looks to be the scale from vintage Barbie Slumber Party. The one that reads 110?
 

And...sleeping bags! In case the Sunshine Family wants to go camping. I could totally put these in the Barbie Magical Motorhome!
 

Well, that's all for today! If any of you have any clue on those Barbie clone fashions, please let me know!

Do any of you have a case like this? Or the Sunshine Family? Let me know in the comments!

I do have more goodness coming up so until then!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Those are Sunshine Family dolls!

Jamie said...

Woops, you already identified them. My bad.

skippercollector said...

The print shirt with a pocket is for the 1972 outfit Sweet Dreams.
The green flowered dress and the pink tutu is from a 1969 Polly gift set from Spiegel. You'll probably need to copy and paste the link, but here is a link to the catalog page.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/55/49/2e/55492e305f1d2d4dec59fe5e106dabaf.jpg