Dolls

Dolls

Monday, October 8, 2018

A Couple of Newcomers!

Hi Friends and welcome back!

Today we have just a couple of new things to show you today. 

Was anyone into Trolls? I had dozens of troll dolls. The top of my dresser was a magical sea of rainbow hair.

I also happen to have her. She is buried but I'll have to dig her out and take some pictures.

www.tumblr.com
So my dad picked me up this little guy


A Treasure Troll! This is Spritsy. By Galoob. Anyone remember the manufacturer Galoob? They brought us Micro Machines! A quick google search shows us that Galoob was bought by Hasbro in 1998. 

The back of the box


I did not open the box so I'm guessing the sticker book is still in there. I don't remember getting any special gemstones with my troll dolls.  

And looky at this beauty!


This is the 1981 Sunsational Malibu Skipper. The box is pretty beat up and was taped shut so when I cut the tape she came tumbling out. I thought she was still connected to cardboard!


She came with her terrycloth towel but no mirrored sunglasses. The decal on her swimsuit is still intact. (The dark line on the decal is a thread.)
 

I love the purple and pink. 
 

She has pretty sun streaks in her hair. A little ratty but no biggie.
 

Her towel is a nice size. 
 

And as stated by the side of the box she's got the California look! With that fabulous year-round suntan!
 

This version of the Malibu dolls came with a Barbie, Ken, Christie and P.J.
 

This Skipper will look great with my vintage Sun Set Malibu Sunny Pastels Skipper...


...and my 1979 Sun Lovin' Malibu Barbie!


I better get me a Barbie pool quick so all these beach dolls have a place to hang out!

So friends, anyone still have their Trolls or the Troll Barbie? How about any of the Malibu dolls? Let me know in the comments!

I'll have more fabulousness coming up!

3 comments:

Treesa said...

My very first Barbie doll was a Sun Gold Malibu Barbie. I also had Sun Gold Malibu Ken and Sun Gold Malibu Skipper. I still have all three of them, though they're a little worse for wear, especially Skipper. I'm glad I held on to them though. Some of my other childhood dolls broke and were thrown away.
Thanks for sharing.
Signed, Treesa

The PrairieHomemaker said...

I remember having some sort of "sun tan" dolls. Though this was in... 1973 and they were used when I got them... I think... I was 8-9 and my memory of that time is not good. I had the camper and the dolls. My Ken was a G.I. Joe doll with flocked hair.
I have gotten several of the dolls I remember though I think I had Francie not Barbie. For my 10th birthday I got a Sweet 16 Barbie. She is still my favorite of the Barbies and I will buy her every time I find one I can afford.
I posted about her on my blog if you want to hear her story.
hug
m

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Treesa! That is awesome! I want the Ken. :) They are definitely treasures and i'm glad you still have them. I know a few of my old toys that were thrown away that I wish I still had. We never know how much they mean to us until we are older and they are gone!

Hi Mel! I wonder if my G.I. Joe doll has flocked hair. I should check that out, once I find it again :) I want a Francie doll. My dad told me he has more vintage goodness to give me this Christmas, there is a chance! lol. The camper! That is a for sure treasure!