Dolls

Dolls

Friday, December 7, 2018

Odds and Ends

Just a short little post for today but I am excited to announce...

...I finished it!

Remember the vintage storage trunk that my dad got for me and I wanted to redo the inside of it?



Yes, I finished it. After it sitting on my desk for two months, the nagging in my head that I need to finish it (and also I need to decorate for Christmas) I figured it was time.

So first I started with the ends and I chose this pretty floral pattern. It was a chore to try to fit it around that bracket for the clothes hanger.


So here is the inside with the ends done.


Previously I showed one piece of paper that I was going to use for the inside but I had to choose another and this is what I went with. I love the 60's vibe this paper gives me. It is just so fantastic.


And the other side.


I am IN LOVE with this case. I also ran some leather conditioner on the outside trim of the box since it was feeling a little dry. What do you think?

It looks like the right side has some bulging in the paper. I can assure you it's flush. Just lighting making it look that way.
Also, I posted about the new surprise dolls that I liked. The Hairdorables! Well, since they are surprise dolls and getting duplicates are a high possibility, could any other dolls wear the clothes?

Hairdorables have a swimsuit underneath. You could make a sarong to go around them for a cute little vibe and throw them in the pool with the other beach dolls.


What about Kelly?


So the dress seems to fit Kelly ok but not great. It is only fastened by one little piece of the velcro in the back.


And her feet are the right length for the shoes but the ankle is a little thick for the strap but they do stay on. 

So if I get doubles I guess I can make some different clothes for them (or send them to the pool) and my 900 Kelly dolls that I have will have to stay naked...for now!

I'll have another post up soon with some birthday goodies! Until then!

2 comments:

Presto said...

The trunk looks amazing! I really like the new paper you chose.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thanks Presto! I love it too. It is too perfect!