Dolls

Dolls

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Clothes Galore (some handmade and some not!)

Hello again!

I was poking around in the Blogger settings and I think that I finally figured out how to get all comment notifications emailed to me again. So now when I get a comment I can respond in a timely fashion (again.) Also that Google+ is going to be discontinued in March. So if you post with a Google+ account (like I do) all those comments will go away. Best to start changing those now. I've had services like this discontinue in the past and it's a royal pain. Let's hope that when this one drops it won't make everything go awry.

Now for the best part of this post.....clothes!

In the last post I mentioned that the pink trunk that was not wrapped up under the tree had a great assortment of handmade (and some not handmade) clothes. Time to see what was in there!

These clothes have straight seams and wonderful fabrics and rival the clothes that my mother in law made many years ago. Someone was a seamstress! Take a look here.

Probably my favorite piece out of all of them.


This is an absolutely EXQUISITE strapless dress with matching coat. Look at that hemline! And that fabric for the lining! And those pearls at the waist! I have to pack out the box again for more photos so I'll put this one on a doll and see how it looks! So pretty.

This pink party gown with train


Pink gingham and lace dress.


Similar to the dress style above but in aqua gingham.
 

Short royal blue ruffle dress.
 

Floral print everyday dress.
 

Green and blue floral sundress.
 

Here is another one I love (can you tell I love black?) This is a simple dress with lace top with a long sleeve gown type robe to go over it. Reminds me of in the 50's, a woman who had her hair up in curlers and still doing housework.


Another sundress in green eyelet. 
 

A striped sleeveless top
 

Short gold strapless party gown
 

A floral print colonial dress with a red waist. 
 

And the same dress only with a blue waist. These are thick dresses. So pretty and so well made!
 

This pretty strapless lace sunflower dress. This is cute!
 

White lace dress with a hint of sparkle. Maybe a wedding dress!
 

Strapless simple white and yellow dress.
 

A simple everyday dress with spaghetti straps.


Look at this one! Ruffles and lace! Reminds me of a dress for a vintage Sweet 16.
 

Green velvet high neck dress.
 

I want to say this one is a nightgown. Pretty light blue.


Cream top dress with floral skirt and necktie.


Simple Orange dress
 

Green floral print dress with pink bust and a pocket. So cute!

EDIT - This is a Barbie Best Buy Fashion! 


This reminds me of a mod fashion! Has a string to tie the dress. I think it's the front of the dress?

EDIT - This is a Barbie Best Buy Fashion!  


And lastly, this red white and blue everyday dress.

EDIT - This is a Barbie Best Buy Fashion!  


I've decided, we're going to have a fashion show with some of these items. They are too great to just sit around!

What do you think of these OOAK clothes? Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments! 

New post coming soon as well as the March Haute Couture fashion from the calendar. Until then!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The green floral dress with pink bust is a Barbie Best Buy from the late 70’s early 80’s. I had it growing up. It was a favorite.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thank you so much! There was no tag so no way I would know. :)

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

AND....also the dress with the yellow sleeves is also a best buy fashion and also sans tag.

The PrairieHomemaker said...

My favorite hands down is the one you picked for the Sweet 16. She is by far my favorite Barbie.
After that one the 2 colonial looking ones.
I really am looking forward to getting into my Barbie stuff again!
hugs
m

Barb the Evil Genius said...

That red white and blue dress at the end looks familiar, but I don't have any info for you other than that. I don't think Mattel was really tagging a lot of their fashions during that era. I don't remember them on the stuff that I was playing with at the time. ;)

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Mel! That one is so pretty. Can't wait to see you back on the blog!

Hi Barb! In searching for best buy fashions I found that dress! It came with a hat but I don't have that. Thanks for the info on the tags. I thought Mattel tagged all their clothes so I'll have to be more careful and check hemlines before I assume they are homemade!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

During the 70s Mattel kind of slacked off on the clothing, including not using tags anymore. I forget when they started doing it again. My first guess would be when they started the Barbie Millicent Roberts fashion line, but maybe it was sometime in the 80s.

Andrea said...

The black dress and the lined matching coat are adorable, as well as the two Colonial dresses.

They used the tags again during the 80s.

Jeanie said...

My favorites are the colonial dresses.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Oh, I am loving some of those Barbie Millicent Roberts fashions. Like Matinee Today? So pretty. Thanks for the tag info. I'll have to be more diligent on looking before I declare them homemade fashions. I'll have to go through the stockpile of OOAK clothes and make sure. I also can bag them according to what they are. I have some that are already marked coming up in a future post.

The Colonial dresses are so pretty aren't they?