Dolls

Dolls

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Accessory Love!

Greetings!

We all love accessories, right? Well, the Christmas Barbie box did not disappoint!

LOOK!
 


Shoes! And lots of them! I can't believe it!

The difference is the collector my dad bought them from had them separated by country where they were manufactured. I'm not sure how she did this unless they were clearly marked on the shoe itself. And is it really worth it to keep them that way? Let's take a look!

China Shoes


Malaysia Shoes


Philippines Shoes


Taiwan Shoes


Korea Shoes


Indonesia Shoes


Unmarked Shoes


More unmarked shoes separated (mostly) by sneakers, heels and boots. 


So about the shoes. Does it really matter to keep them separated? Like the Indonesia bag has one blue pump that I'm sure I can find a mate for in my stockpile. I just hate to undo all that this collector did. I know it's mine now but is there really any point? 

Also got these in the box!

Patterns!

Barbie and Ken!
 

KEN! Now I have a pattern for that blasted suit jacket I've been trying to freehand make.
  

Barbie patterns! Love that ice skater dress!
 

And these patterns. My mother in law had this pattern set and that is what she made her clothes from. I took photocopies of them but now I have a set of my own! Not sure how complete they are but this one and the Ken one have two sets of patterns. Hopefully I'm not missing any and can make a complete set out of the two (and not missing the Ken suit jacket pattern!)
 

Forgot to add that I also have these accessories that came with the bunch. Definitely 80's Barbie. It's almost like 1985 Magic Moves Barbie but the color of the dresses are not the same. So who is she?
 

That's all for today friends! What do you think of that stockpile of shoes? Should I keep them separated? Have the patterns shown above? Let me know in the comments! 

See you next time!

5 comments:

The PrairieHomemaker said...

Hmmm I just sort mine by style. Pumps, sneakers boots... sometimes by color.
I never thought of trying to figure out where they were made...
hugs
m

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Supposedly Advance Patterns for Barbie and Ken were super high quality as far as fit, so I hope you'll have good luck with them!

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Mel! I usually sort mine by style and also by color. Makes it super easy to keep track of exactly what type of shoe I want! I might just mix them up. If I have a vintage outfit that is rare depending on the type of shoe than maybe but I don't know.

Hi Barb! Thanks for the info on those patterns. I might have to alter a bit as my "Benny" doll is larger than a Ken.

Andrea said...

The Accessories belong to Magic Moves Barbie. Colors in photographs often vary due to lighting.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thanks Andrea! :) I knew you might be able to help out with that one!