Dolls

Dolls

Monday, March 18, 2019

A few 'non-negotiable' purchases!

Greetings!

Being a stay at home mom and living off of a single income, I've had to curb some of my dolly spending. I don't mind, I would gladly give up anything to be able to stay home with my two boys. And while I am able to buy a doll here and there if the price is right, there were some things that I told hubby were absolutely non-negotiable. Like, if I saw them, they were coming home with me and that was that. 

I've been looking for a year and I FINALLY saw them.


The Super Mario single pack fashions! I almost couldn't curb my enthusiasm. Luckily there were other people in the dolly aisle and to avoid looking like a loon, I kept my composure. 

As mentioned I have been looking and looking for these and finally found them at Wal-Mart. 

Let's take a closer look!

Super Mario logo T-Shirt


Princess Peach tank with bottom ruffle


Super Mario Characters denim "Level-Up" jacket


Yoshi Tank


So now, the question is, do they fit better on a standard Barbie body or a curvy Barbie body? Let's take a look! 

For this fashion show we will use Trendy and Bendy Barbie. 

Logo T


Yoshi Tank. This tank fits very loose


Level-Up denim jacket. This one is quite tight and the shirt underneath needs to be form fitting. As you can see the Yoshi Tank is just a little big to pair with this jacket. 
 


Princess Peach Tank


And now for the curvy doll!

Logo T. I had to really stretch the velcro in the back to get it to secure fully.


The denim jacket does not fit AT ALL. Especially with the curved arm it was really stretching the seams. This jacket needs to be on a doll with straight arms.
 

Princess Peach Tank. It fits but looks a little stretched. 
 

The Yoshi tank is a PERFECT fit. 
 

And I also picked up one other outfit. Mattel came out with a wave 2 of the Hello Kitty Sanrio fashions. And since Little Twin Stars is my favorite....

 
 A cute little dress with a flutter sleeve jacket. How adorable!

Curvy Barbie


Dress fits but like the Mario jacket, this jacket is a little tight as well. 

Standard Barbie


Absolutely perfect. I think she will be the new wearer of this dress. 


Now to find dolls to put these clothes on! (And find bottoms that will work with the curvy barbie and the Yoshi tank. I may need to go shopping again.) I'll post pics when I have permanent dolls that can wear these awesome fashions! 

Next post we will get back to more vintage (and maybe not so vintage) clothing! See you next time!

9 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm glad you were able to find the clothes. Also, I try to give SAHMs a word of encouragement when I can, so I'll tell you I don't regret staying home with mine. I know some moms do have to work, but there seems to be so much societal pressure that all moms should work no matter what. Never seems to be a balance in society's judgements.

Jeanie said...

I just got the Woodstock jumper for my dolls. Nakoma is wearing it in my latest photostory!

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thanks Barb! I agree about the pressure. I am very lucky that I've been given this opportunity. I wish other moms didn't have to because I know a lot that would love nothing more than to stay at home with their babies. I will return to the workforce someday when I find the right job. Key word: someday ;)

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

The Peanuts clothing is SO cute and that jumper is one of the cutest. I also like the cactus tee that Whitney is wearing!

Jeanie said...

Thanks! I'm a big fan of Woodstock. The cactus shirt came on a man-bun Fashionita (Ben Kishi in Barbieville).

Funcorp Toys India said...

Thanks for the abundant information! Get to know many things about toys and games that are available around the world. Carry on with this wonderful work!
https://www.funcorp.in/funlab/post_/doll-houses-every-kids-dream-come-true/

Digital Puzzle Digital Marketing Agency said...

A perfect piece of information. This information has been immensely helpful. Thank you for writing this wonderful article.

House of Dreams said...

This is such a wonderful blog. The whole concept is written very perfectly.
https://www.houseofdreams.in/

Digitalpuzzle said...

A very nice and neatly written blog. The way of writing is very impressive. The information is also very helpful. All best wishes to you for your work. Visit digitalpuzzle.in