Dolls

Dolls

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Olympic Gymnast Superstar

Welcome dolly friends!

Today I am going to show you a girl that I've had for a while. Apparently she was on closeout at Walmart and (naturally) my dad found her (because he finds ALL the good deals, right?!) and asked if I wanted her. 

PSH. 

And, as always, the answer was a resounding YES! Because, we can't pass up a dolly on closeout right? Especially if she is as cool as this one. 

I present, The Barbie Signature Olympic Gold Medalist, Laurie Hernandez! 


How cute is she? She won gold in the team event and silver in the balance beam at the 2016 Olympics in Rio. I kind of wish they would have included her medals but oh well. 

And, her box is friendly for boxed but deboxed photos! ***REMEMBER*** if you are taking newer dolls out of the box, open from the BOTTOM. I've learned this the hard way!


Mattel did a really great job on her likeness. Her hair is "Holiday Barbie hard" but I love that megawatt smile she has. 


They included an extra leotard for her to wear! Bonus points because it also matches her warm up pants.


She also comes with a gym bag that says "Laurie" on it. So cute. 


And....did you see her elbow joints?


Just going to check the knees too. Yes, she is a Made to Move Barbie! I believe her closeout price was around $7. If you had some dolls you desperately wanted to head swap, this would be a great price to pick up some MTM donor bodies. I don't have a lot of AA dolls to head swap so just one doll for me.


She came with a Certificate of Authenticity and a doll stand. 
 

Laurie's picture is on the back and you can tell they did awesome with her face sculpt. The back of the box reads: "US Gymnast Laurie Hernandez captivated girls around the world it her energetic performances during the 2016 summer games. As the youngest member of the Final Five gymnastics team, she earned medals in balance beam and Team. Author of the book I Got This: To Gold and Beyond, Laurie is honored as a Barbie "Shero", a woman who has broken boundaries to inspire the next generation of girls. Girls need more role models like Laurie, because imagining they can be anything is just the beginning. Actually seeing that they can makes all the difference. Laurie Hernandez Barbie doll is fully poseable and includes two leotard replicas and a grip bag from her GK gymnastics line."

 
Wow. That is a lot of information I didn't know about Laurie! Author, gear designer AND gymnast. That is awesome! 

Friends, do you have Laurie in your collection? Or any other gymnast dolls that are your favorites? Let me know in the comments below!

And, you can check out the other gymnasts in my collection by clicking here! 

Next time, we will have the 2019 Barbie Fashion Show. I just got to wait for a little gift to arrive first. :) I know you all are going to love it. 

Until next time!

No comments: