Dolls

Dolls

Monday, November 4, 2019

Flea Market Goodies

Welcome Everyone!

Last weekend my dad and I went to the local flea market that was held here twice a year. I was hoping to get some awesome dolly goodness. And I am pleased to say that I sure did!

Ready to see the loot? 

First I saw this little girl. Still in the box and for $5 I didn't think that was too bad for her. This is the 1985 Tropical Miko!


I don't have many Miko's. And the couple I do have are in bad condition. So this one is great! 

So pretty. 


Next I saw a vendor that is a collector and she had some reasonably priced goods. Like this one!


No box but that's okay because I love her! This is the 1999 Summer in Rome doll from the City Seasons Collection.

I love that headband. 
 

Her outfit is just perfect with that linen corset top and jacket and the printed skirt. And gotta love that handbag!


She also comes with sunglasses and a guidebook to Rome.


All documentation was included as well as the doll stand. But I like her backdrop so she will stay there and she sits nicely on a table in my office. 
 

Next this little undergarment set. This is from a Barbie fashion set that was sold by Avon.


Its in excellent condition and the velcro has not snagged the delicate fabric of the stockings or skirt.  

My mom sold Avon however I never had this set. But I do have the Pretty Treasures for Barbie set that was from Avon. You can see the set by clicking here!


And lastly, I picked up these two girls. Solo in the Spotlight reproductions!


Some of you may recall that I have the blonde Solo in the Spotlight doll that looks exactly like this.

www.pinterest.com (via Etsy)
So why did I pay $20 for two dolls without boxes? One reason only.

Vintage bodies.

These dolls are absolutely perfect to display some of my vintage fashions. So one got a new outfit!

Presenting Sweet Dreams #973



This was such a cute outfit. I even have the accessories that came with the doll: the apple, clock and diary. I put some white panties on her before the shorts and the top that I got for Christmas one year, the stitching was coming out on the side. So I used the top from my mom's collection and put on her. This is SO CUTE.

My ribbon did not have the ring to to around the ponytail so I just tied it. I have a jump ring I can add later. This was a great set to put on this doll.



And since her feet do not touch the stand, I can add the adorable pom pom heel slippers which just make the outfit in my opinion!

 
The reproduction doll came with a pearl triple strand choker. Sweet Dreams didn't use a necklace so I put it on a doll that needed one. I used a snake bracelet for a necklace in the meantime so I converted that back into a bracelet.


And the other doll I left as Solo in the Spotlight. I couldn't find an outfit that I wanted to put on her just yet. She goes nicely with my Enchanted Evening Repro that I have.


Well that's all for today. Did you find any dolly goodness lately? Have any other dolls in the City Seasons collection? (There are 9 of them :) Let me know in the comments!

Next post coming up!

3 comments:

RagingMoon1987 said...

I envy that Miko!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I've always thought Summer in Rome had a great outfit. The whole thing just comes together so completely. You can see her perched on the back of a Vespa spinning through the streets.

I recently scored a NRFB Anne Klein Barbie at a garage sale for $12. I will be de-boxing her; I want to be able to use that outfit!

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi RagingMoon! She is gorgeous isn't she? Love her. <3

Hi Barb, I can picture that for Summer in Rome! Also sitting on a beautiful floral veranda having a light lunch with friends. Sounds wonderful. Nice score on that Anne Klein Barbie! Her outfit is gorgeous!