Dolls

Dolls

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

How Could I Forget!

Greetings Friends! 

Thanksgiving is upon us! And the snow! We've got about 5" so far and its still coming down. And then December is supposed to be above average temperatures so i'm sure this will all be gone in a week. So much for a White Christmas! :)

As noted by the title, I can't believe that I forgot about these little cuties when I posted about my flea market goodies! I had already displayed them in my office and everything else was in the bag so that's probably why. But they need to be shown off, they are too cute to not be!

Presenting the 2001 Hansel and Gretel Kelly and Tommy!


I couldn't pass them up, they are TOO CUTE! And at only $20, that was a great price for these adorable littles. 

And their box is friendly for boxed but deboxed photos!

Dressed as Hansel, Tommy has these brown overalls and cute matching hat. And those little shoes!


And Kelly dressed as Gretel, has pigtail braids, a cute headscarf and smock dress. 
 

Notice the accessories? The bread and the basket are all plastic. Win!
 

The back of the box has a condensed version of Hansel and Gretel. It reads: "Once upon a time, a brother and sister were left deep in the forest by their evil stepmother. Lost in the growing darkness, Hansel and Gretel found a magic gingerbread cottage. It's roof made of icing and its windows of candied sugar. The sweet little house was both beautiful and delicious to the starving children but inside lived a vile witch, herself hungry for a plump little boy. In the end of course, clever Gretel pushed the hag into the oven meant for Hansel. And Hansel and Gretel found their way back through the woods to their father's cottage where they lived together...happily ever after. The world of classic children's literature comes alive again with the second selection in a collection of Storybook Favorites. Hansel and Gretel spring from the cherished pages of classic fairy tales, ready to charm. Wearing lovely costumes inspired by the Europe of long ago and far away, the adorable dolls capture all the enchantment of the beloved story."

 
And also came with a certificate of authenticity.


Remember Ever After High came out with the daughter of the candy witch, Ginger Breadhouse (although she's not hungry for children of course!)


And lastly, this little guy. 


The adorable little tin man. He came from a series by McDonalds and by looking at all of the characters, he is definitely the star of them all. I love him. 

www.ebay.com
Well that's all for today! Do you have any of the Tommy and Kelly storybook collection dolls? Let me know in the comments!

I hope you all have a very happy (and not snowy) Thanksgiving holiday!

2 comments:

Treesa said...

I found a Tommy as Hansel doll loose at a flea market quite a while ago. He had his original outfit, but was missing his hat. Somewhere on my blog, there are pictures from an outdoor photo shoot I did with Hansel. I used a filter on one or two of the photos, to give them more of a fantasy/fairy tale quality.
Signed, Treesa

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

HI Treesa, that's awesome you found him! He is just too cute to pass up. I'll go check out your photos, would love to see that fairy tale filter!