Dolls

Dolls

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Star Wars x Barbie #6

Hello Barbie Fans!

Getting on my computer has been rough lately! Between a son who has online kindergarten to husband who is doing his flight renewal, my computer (a laptop) has been getting a TON of use! Well I finally found a time where I could get on MY OWN computer to create a post for you all! 

And we have the second to last installment of the Barbie x Star Wars series! 

As I mentioned in the last post when I featured Rey, she was the one that I was drawn to when I saw the dolls on the website. She was stunningly beautiful and I just had to have her. When I got the dolls, THIS is the one that I really liked the best and you'll see why. Presenting Barbie as the robot C-3PO!

As with the other dolls, I've said that they are more stunning in person and this one fits the bill for sure. Everything about her outfit is just so......so.....awesome!

When my husband saw her he said "C-3P Fro!" and it's true! Look at this hair! Look at those glasses!

And look at the bodice of this dress. It is the most perfect nod to C-3PO. Like the belt and how they added sheer parts to reference the fact that this robot is not one solid piece. And the sequins are a nice fashionable touch!

I absolutely love the wrapped arms and the gauntlets. 

 
 
The boots are simple gold with not much detail. Just like C-3PO. 

 
 
Here is concept art of C-3PO.


 And of the doll. In the concept art she has transparent lenses in her glasses.

 
 
The quote on the side of the box is "We're doomed." Apparently this is a repeated line by C-3PO and is everywhere on the internet as a meme. So it's perfect!

Here are the images from Mattel of C-3PO Barbie. Honestly I didn't even realize that there was stitching down the front of the boots until I saw this photo. My picture of the boots isn't very good anyway so no surprise.

barbie.mattel.com

And as with Darth Vader and the Storm Trooper dolls, I wanted a photo without the glasses. WOW is all I can say. This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL face sculpt. I think of all the AA dolls I've seen this is one of the most gorgeous. That nude lipstick and the gold eye makeup are just so so beautiful. I just love her. And now I wish that they had given her transparent lenses so we could see those eyes!

barbie.mattel.com

Well, that's all for today. One more Star Wars doll and then I can get to the REALLY fun stuff that I can't wait for. And also a doll that I bought for myself for my birthday. All that's coming up in the *very* near future!

Until then!

1 comment:

Eklectic1 said...

Her face and hair and general attitude are just amazing. Thank you for presenting her. I will have to get an undressed one for me to play with