Dolls

Dolls

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Time to get back with it

Hi Friends!

Boy, 2020 has been a doozy hasn't it? And it has also taken it's toll on me. I have been lethargic and listless and just running through the motions in life. I haven't had energy, I haven't been happy and with that, I haven't been doing things that make me happy. What makes me happy?

Dolls. 

And Blogging.

Working out (boxing and kickboxing!)

And my family. (Seriously, I'm the mayor of Crazy Town)

So in response to the dreariness that is 2020, I am getting back into the things I love and the things that make me happy. And that means starting out with creating a blog post about a doll that makes me SO happy. I've missed all of you. I still have one more doll to blog about from the Barbie x Star Wars collection but that can wait. 

This summer I took a trip to my dad's house. (By MYSELF! WITHOUT KIDS! WITHOUT HUBBY!) And honestly, it was so refreshing for the soul. It was great to spend time with my mom without worrying about if the kids were breaking something and it was great to spend time with my dad without...worrying if the kids were breaking something (again.)

My mom and I went through some of my late aunts things (I was able to take her wedding rings and keep them with me, so special) and my dad and I were able to go through....the shed.

The shed is called the eBay shed, filled with items that my dad has purchased for resale. If you want something, anything in the world, i'm sure its in the shed. 

My dad found a lot of Monster High things (!!) at a garage sale with the intention of giving them to one of my cousins (once-removed) as she is into Monster High. However, he mentioned that he wasn't sure if she wanted them as she is getting older and maybe wasn't into dolls anymore. So, naturally, I asked if I could take a look. Naturally! :D

Long story short, it ALL came home with me.

But there was one girl that I was so enamored with and I asked if I could have her. After all, the items weren't mine (yet.) But what was dad going to say? No? 

I present, Skelita Calaveras!


 I absolutely fell in love with her. This is the 18" Gore-eous Ghoul Skelita.

www.amazon.com

Don't you just love her?! I don't have all her accessories but enough that she looks great. Hair is not the same but honestly, I love the 'blowout' style she has going on. She has makeup that resembles a Sugar Skull.

And a really cool feature is her eyes change from purple (shown above) to yellow...

...to brown. You can change by pressing a button in the back of her head.

Her dress is colorful, traditional of those who celebrate Dia De Los Muertos.

Her belt has flora/fauna and the traditional Monster High skull. Her bracelet is the same design.

She wears green wedges with I think the same pattern on the heels that are on the belt.

Another reason why I love her is the detail in her body design. She is a skeleton and you can tell from her arms and legs...

 

And you can see the details in bones in the chest and back.


And friends, that's all for today. Thanks for listening to my inner monologue and hope you will enjoy reading this blog for many many more posts to come! 

Do you have Skelita in your collection (either the 18" or the standard size doll?) Or not into Monster High? Let me know in the comments!

Last Barbie x Star Wars post in the next couple of weeks. Until then!

5 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Congratulations on getting a cool and unusual doll! My own immediate family usually has no idea which specific dolls I would like, so it's nice to have a dad who knows your interests that much.

I'm a little bit of a rebel as well as an evil genius, so in my own mind, I've been telling all of this nonsense to get stuffed, and living my own life as best I can. I do hardly go out anywhere anymore, as most places here are now requiring people to wear a mask, medical issue or no, and since I do have issues wearing one, I just don't go many places. I've been able to concentrate instead on what I can do at home, although some of that may be using my light box also. I've been kind of manic lately.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

My dad and mom are the only ones who know my interests, my husband has NO IDEA so I usually buy what I want then have him "gift" it to me for various holidays, LOL!

Rebel and Evil Genius, such a great combo! :D I'm also trying to live my best life. I don't have issues wearing a mask but I still stay home as much as I can. Especially since the kid has online school, it requires me to be home for the better part of the day. And gyms are closed so I'm home for workout too. I love light boxes. They look so cool! I've been really wanting a 3D printer. It would be a good quarantine activity!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Mr. BTEG currently has three and a half 3D printers. To be fair, one was bought from China and expanded on by him, one was a hand-me-down from a friend, one was bought second hand from a friend's friend, and the "half" is a partial printer that was worth the price for the parts that he got. He has made some doll things and is open to making more! :)

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

That's so awesome and exactly what I want a 3D printer for! Making doll accessories, mainly shoes!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Unless you already have experience in 3D modelling or have patterns in mind, I want to warn you that making 3D doll shoes, especially in Barbie sizes, will be difficult. But I don't know your background, so I may just be making assumptions.