Dolls

Dolls

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Star Wars x Barbie #7

Well friends, here we are. The very last doll in the Star Wars x Barbie line! Seven of them, so crazy! But I love them all and this one definitely takes the cake in my opinion!

As I mentioned with the C3PO post, she is definitely my favorite with the hair and the gold. But there is something about this one. They are all unique but this one is above and beyond unique. Let's get to it!

I present, Barbie as Chewbacca!


This doll was the Mattel exclusive (and was a little more expensive) so they went extra with this one. No plastic band to hold the box flaps together. It's fabric with fur and a plastic logo!

 

The back of the box does not have the standard wording that the other boxes have. Just made to look like worn leather. Such a cool look.


And here she is in all her glory!


She has the Lea head mold I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) I just love her hat!


She has beautiful two toned Carmel and Brown hair.


That coat! She has a plastic piece for the top then all that fur on the coat. I just love it. Doesn't it look warm? Perfect for the snow that we got this morning! Or if you are visiting Hoth. Funny because Chewie comes from a tropical forested planet. And the skirt is a shorter fur but still so awesome!


I love how they put little nods to the characters original accessories. Her purse strap matches the strap on Chewie's bag that he wears.


Her bracelets also match.


THOSE BOOTS! Definitely the coolest footwear of the entire line. I have a pair of brown boots with fur at the top but not as cool as these! As I've said before in quite a few of my posts. Mattel needs to get into the footwear line. They would make a fortune. Size 9 please!

 

Here is the concept art for Chewbacca.


And for the doll.


And as with the other dolls, there is an iconic quote from the character on the right side of the box. Bet you can't guess what Star Wars movie this is from! haha


I tried to get a good picture of the collection. When I was away for a weekend this summer my husband put up a shelf in our bedroom for them to be displayed. They are above the window so there is no natural light hitting them at all.


I love them so much and my son loves to point out the "dollies" when ever we go in the bedroom for diaper changes.



So what do you think of the Chewbacca x Barbie doll? Are you in love with all that fur? Let me know in the comments!

I have one more post coming before Christmas. I went shopping a little early this year as there were some new Barbie fashions that I just HAD to HAVE. So stay tuned for those.

Until then!

No comments: