Dolls

Dolls

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Christmas Treasure #4

Now that the sun is actually shining I don't have a problem posting about snowflakes again. :) It's still cold but it makes it bearable when the sun is out and the sky is blue.

A few of you guessed correctly about what my little painting project will be. It is going to be a beach ball!

Here's a couple more pics of the progress.


After the white I started with the red. It's looking pretty good so far.


Just a little bit ago I finished the yellow section. We'll see how it turns out. I should be done with the project by my next post. Can't wait to see the finished product!

It's time to post my second to last Christmas treasure. It is my last doll involving snowflakes. She's a beauty.


Most of you already know by now that my mom gets me the holiday Barbie every year. I am just LOVING this 25th anniversary edition.

Even better? Her box is friendly. Just undo the tab at the top and I get to take some clean boxed but deboxed photos!


So obviously the best feature of this dress is the die-cut snowflakes. They cross her body sash like then cascade down the front of her dress. It's so beautiful.

I love how they started the snowflakes up at the shoulder then came down. It's so elegant. Cute simple hairstyle but unfortunately she does not have any real eyelashes.


A close-up shot of the snowflakes show how intricate they are.


Her skirt is stuffed with tissue to keep it's shape and she comes with a clear doll stand. I am just loving her!!

There is a little blurb on the back of the box:

"A wintry world of silvery snowflakes, family, friends, and lots of love: this wonderful time of the year has inspired Barbie for 25 years! Now, she celebrates this dazzling season, bringing you holiday greetings of peace, love, and joy. 2013 Holiday Barbie doll commemorates this silver anniversary dressed in a festive, shimmery gown."


It is indeed festive and shimmery. I love the silver gowns the best I think. This one will have to go in my favorites. The die-cut snowflakes really do it for me. She truly is a beautiful doll.

What do you think of the 25th anniversary Holiday Barbie? Did any of you get her for Christmas?

Until next time!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats on getting her, she is awesome and yes, she was under my tree as well. I love the snowflakes just as much as you do.

I think your beach ball will turn out just fine.

Forestminuet said...

Congrats to you too! She is so pretty. :)

Yeah, I'm feeling more confident with the beach ball with every coat of paint. It's looking better and better every day. By the next post I should be finished!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like your beach ball! What a nice idea :)

I love your holiday Barbie too. Her dress is fantastic, but what I really love is the lemony colour of her hair. I love a very bright yellow blonde! She's lovely, congrats.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thank you very much! Now that you mention it, I do notice the lemony yellow hair. As I look at my shelf of classic Barbies, I love the lemon blonde the best.

Ashley L said...

Hey! I tried to find a way to email you, but I didn't see one.

I'm a new collector who needs a lot of help and has questions! You seem so helpful...would you be willing to be email pen pals? I have a doll ID and a outfit ID question or two:)

Also, would you ever make and sell another bathrobe? I loved the one you posted.