Dolls

Dolls

Monday, February 12, 2018

Ever After High Collection Finale part 2

Hello again!

It's hard to write about this one when we've been having absolutely gorgeous weather outside! I love how it's in the 60's in February! I am a summer girl but if this is winter, I'll take it! 

Last time I mentioned that there were four more dolls that I needed to get to finish off my Ever After High collection. Well here is one more that I needed to get! 

Unfortunately I waited too long to get her and she went up in price. So I paid a little more than I wanted to but because of this, I couldn't wait to get her any longer. 

Presenting the fabulous Crystal Winter!


I hate how they changed their slogan from "Are you a royal or a rebel?" to "Where princesses are powerful!" It just doesn't sit well with me. The entire premise of Ever After High was centered around the royal or rebel theme. Did you want to follow in the footsteps of your parents and their fairy-tale stories or create your own path? Not powerful princesses. Anyway.....

I think this is cute. Read the caption for "What about your least favorite subject?"


It says "Cooking class. Why do people insist on defrosting frozen food? It royally ruins the texture!" Now THAT is too funny!

Here is the beautiful Crystal!


I love her color scheme and am glad that they did not design her too much like Elsa. There has been enough Elsa in the past few years, am I right?

Crystal identifies as a royal as she wants to follow in her parents footsteps and rule the Snow Kingdom someday. 

She has a pretty face and shimmery pink-toned skin.


She also has an ice crown.


Crystal differs a little from her webisode form. Her crown is more elaborate, she has a necklace and a separate crystal waistband in addition to the crystals that surround the waist of her skirt. She also does not have fur around the arms of her shirt. Other than that the colors and design of her dress are spot on. I love the crystals and snowflakes and glitter!


She has a magic wand that is teal in color. I like this prop but to get it to stay on, you have to squeeze her four fingers in it when it's only supposed to be made for three.


This was a huge beef with a lot of people, the molded on tights. I'm not too particularly fond of them either (I like the knee joints to be hidden) but they are not a deal breaker. At least they got them the correct color! And to be accurate, in some of the webisode pictures I've seen, it looks like Crystal has thigh-high socks, not full on tights. But I like the texture of them honestly.


THE SHOES!

Crystal naturally wears boots. She is unable to stand on her own. There is nothing too fancy about them. They are iridescent in color and have white fur on the top. The fur around the tops of the boots are supposed to match her collar. They also have little hangy-balls that are supposed to match her tights color.


Her boots are perfect with the design so there is no need for them to have a repaint (except for the hangy-balls.)


Now I think her hair is the best part! It was pretty waxy and needed some trimming but the colors are fabulous!


And it's not only on the top of her hair. She also has some pretty teal color underneath.


There was also a ring for you! It is blue and has a silver rose in the center.



Again, there was not a doll stand with this doll! And no hairbrush but I have PLENTY of those. So I'll have to make a stand for her. There are lots of tutorials online. :)

I know Crystal comes from the Epic Winter collection but I'm not collecting the other dolls. Crystal is a special one and a first issue so that's why I got her. Same with the teenage evil queen that came out during Dragon Games. I didn't get the line but got her. 

Did you pick up Crystal for your collection? Let me know in the comments! 

Another one coming soon! It will be a race to see what gets here first. Amazon shipping is taking FOREVER so baby might be here before my purchases!

Until then!

No comments: