Dolls

Dolls

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Skipper Crazy!

Hello Friends!

I have some more Christmas goodies to share with you all. My dad has given me vintage dolls for the last few years. He bought all of these from a person who was liquidating their collection. And naturally, I don't mind. :)

I opened the present to see this lovely case. 


And, of course, you can guess who was inside.


Blonde hair vintage Skipper! And I pretty much screamed when I saw what dress she was wearing. I bought this dress off of eBay to go with my wedding party set. The dress was a little worse for wear (bows were deteriorated) but the headband and the bouquet were intact. This dress is MINT (well except for the bow at the waist but I can fix that.)

Just love the vintage Skipper side eye look. Bangs are perfect.


Hair is shiny and beautiful. Just love her!


So, what I did is brought out my other vintage Skipper to do a quick dress swap.


Much better!


My mom happened to be over at my dad's the day he was gathering some things up to put in the box for Christmas and she helped pick out some awesome outfits to fill Skippers box! 

We first have the vintage!

Shirt and pants from 1965 Land & Sea


Tights and leotard from 1964 Masquerade
 

Dress from 1965 Platter Party
 

Raincoat from 1965 Rain or Shine
 

Dress from 1964 Silk n' Fancy. This is so cute!
 

Dress from 1965 Sunny Pastels. I bought this one last year to put on another vintage Skipper I have. Love this one!
 

Love


1970 Lots of Lace. This is complete as I have the shoes too! (Well, i guess it comes with pantyhose and I don't have those.)


And the robe from 1964 Dreamtime.


There also were some genuine Barbie fashions in the case.  Like these two shirt and skirt combos. Not sure if they are Barbie or Skipper fashions.



This swimsuit. Looks a little small for Barbie so it's most likely a Skipper suit.


This is an adorable homemade PJ set. Probably to go with the robe from Dreamtime.


And lastly we have a fashion that I can't find any ID on! It's not homemade and I can't remember if it had a tag on it or not. Any ideas on this mod Skipper outfit?


And also, we got some accessories for my little Skipper. Love all of these! The black shoes have a little tulle bow on the toes and the dark blue ones have a molded on bow. The pink ones look like Jellies!


And that's all for today! Are any of these vintage fashions some of your favorite to put on Skipper? Let me know in the comments!

Stay tuned for our next Haute Couture calendar post coming on 2/1!

6 comments:

shazza said...

Oh wow!!! How fantastic your dad gifted this to your. Absolutely love vintage Skipper and that sideways glance.
I never had a Skipper as a child and certainly not a vintage one as I was born in 1984! I bought my first vintage Skipper last year (she's on my blog) and fell in love. Can't wait to see your next post

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Shazza! I never had a Skipper growing up too! I was born in 1981 so we are not that far apart in age. My very first 80's "anime eyes" Skipper I bought was as an adult! I do love the casual sideways glance too, it always appealed to me. I'll check out your blog! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

My sister had a vintage Skipper, at least one from the 70s, because that's when we were kids. She was a Malibu Skipper, so she was much tanner in complexion. We had several 70s outfits, but of course none of the cool ones from the 60s. Those black shoes with the bows look like ones that the old Stacie had, and the blue slingbacks I think are from High School Musical dolls. I have a pair that I took off my daughter's HSM doll because they also fit J-Dolls beautifully.

Anonymous said...

The hot pink skirt with flower trim and the one above it are from less expensive fashion packs from the late 90s and early 2000s! I think the pink comes with a crop top bra like top! And the other possibly a blouse or t shirt with a collar?

skippercollector said...

The sleeveless white blouse with the vertical smocking is the blouse for School Girl. The fuchsia swimsuit is part of the original outfit for SuperTeen Skipper. The print blouse with the red trim is for Play Pants.

skippercollector said...

The pink jelly shoes with the straps are from a 1996 Barbie Great Weekend outfit, 68014-91. Here is a link to my Pinterest page showing Barbie in the outfit.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/752523418971001618/
You may have to cut and paste to look at the link.