Dolls

Dolls

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year! Happy Haute Couture!

Welcome Friends!

I hope the new year will treat all of you well and bring you health and happiness. And I hope that your holiday season went well and you had a lovely time with family or alone whichever you prefer!

For Christmas I got a new Barbie Calendar! 

www.calendars.com

And I can already tell that this is a new calendar of Haute Couture designs by the master of Haute Couture, Robert Best!

A few years ago I got a Haute Couture calendar of Robert Best designs but these are new one. There are a couple that are repeats but all the rest I have not seen before. So every month on the 1st we will have a new beautiful Haute Couture fashion from my calendar and I will also post the corresponding real fashion that I found.

Unfortunately this calendar does not tell me the names of each fashion so I had to do some hunting. I got close to all of them but there are a few that I could not locate. January was one that I could find and boy, it does not disappoint! 

January - A Night To Remember


Pink? Frilly? So much yes.

The design is called "In The Pink"

barbie.mattel.com 
 Oh my.

 BREATHTAKING! I must have her. 

Her excerpt from the website reads:


"Dressed to attend an elegant ball, Barbie® doll looks stunning in a breathtaking beaded floor-length gown of pink taffeta and organza. Tiny pink and clear Swarovski® crystal beads adorn the gown. This sophisticated creation also comes with a pink tulle petticoat and stole, pale pink pantyhose, evening gloves, faux pearl bracelet and earrings, and a clutch purse. Nostalgic face sculpting is complemented by short brunette hair, upswept at the back."

Her dress is so beautiful. The crystals, the tulle, so Barbie!

Do you have "In The Pink" in your collection? Let me know in the comments!

New Haute Couture coming February 1st!
 

6 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Happy New Year! Barbie is definitely high fashion here!

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Barb! Yay! So exciting to see a years worth of high fashion :)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Today I was looking around for Stacie doll sewing patterns, and happened upon this website that has pictures of some of your doll sewing work, without even crediting your website by name. I hope that you can find a human being to talk to if you want them to take the pics down.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I guess I should say that it doesn't link to your website.

iHanna said...

Happy new year doll!

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thanks Barb SO much for letting me know. I'll check it out.