Dolls

Dolls

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy Haute Couture - January 2020

Greetings Friends!

I hope you had a happy and healthy holiday season and are ready for a fresh start with this new year. 

In the 2019 Barbie Haute Couture Calendar we had one extra doll that was featured. There is a final page with the first four months of 2020 in the calendar. 

Tea Time With The Girls


Beautiful floral dresses just scream "Tea Time." I have a few dolls in my collection with the title "Tea" in them and they all have a pretty floral dress. Love. 

I could not find this exact dress anywhere but I found one that was similar called Garden Party.

barbie.mattel.com
This dress is so simply elegant. And while not exactly like the dress above, this one still has the hat and the delicate bow around the waist. I love it. And I guess this one was just for purchase as a fashion pack so there is no picture of it on a doll. 

But I did find this!

www.pinterest.com
Here it is on a doll but it was sold as a fashion pack. Robert Best says in the lower right hand corner "Beautiful elegant fashions sold separately. It was the perfect way to add fun and flair to the collection."

I agree! Want to spice things up a bit with your silkstone collection? Here you go!

Here is the excerpt from the Mattel website:


"A pretty daytime ensemble, featuring a rose print organza dress, pink chiffon cardigan, straw hat, and straw handbag."

Ok, not much of an excerpt.   

Well, that is it for the Haute Couture calendar! I hope you had as much fun as I did reading about some of our beautiful silkstone dolls. 

Before I close this series of posts, I did hear a few months ago that they (Mattel) is discontinuing the Barbie Fashion Model Collection (BFMC)/Silkstone line of dolls. Which is truly a sad time for collectors as these are beautiful dolls! In a statement I read by Robert Best himself, he did say that he is excited to see what is coming for collector dolls and excited to be a part of it. So maybe we will have more Haute Couture in the future? We can only hope!  

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I always liked that outfit, so feminine and classic! The shoes, however, appear to be like the ones that came with my 40th Anniversary Barbie doll, which I just unboxed recently. The heels on the shoes were bent in, and I've noticed that happens a lot with slender Barbie heels made of soft rubber. :(

Unknown said...

Hi barbie how are you today

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Barb! I do love the 40th Anniversary doll, especially how they designed it after the original swimsuit! I'm so sorry about your shoes though. That is one reason why I never display dolls with shoes (unless they are flat soles) or have a stand that elevates them off the ground. And we don't know how the heels turn out unless we unbox them which is unfortunate. I'm all for packaging dolls without wearing the shoes! And speaking of, I do like these shoes. They are one of my favorite styles!

Hi Unknown! I'm doing well!