Dolls

Dolls

Monday, February 10, 2020

Giftages 2019 - Post 1

Welcome Friends!

I hope your 2020 is shaping up to be a good one so far! Mine is so lets hope the year continues on this trend!

It's mid-February but better late than never right? Let's get to the new goodies!

It seems that I always start with the same doll in the first post of the year. 

The most beautiful 2019 Holiday Barbie!


I actually love her mainly because she has the candy cane stripe theme going on. However I did write Mattel and let them know that this is the umpteenth year in a row they had a red dress. Let's see some more gold! Or green! But I do love that her box is boxed but deboxed photo friendly!
 

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this doll. She is very pretty with those beautiful side curls and drop earrings. Her hair is "Holiday Barbie" hard.
 

I like how they took the solid color and swept it up into a bow behind her shoulder. Gorgeous!
 

The style of the dress is also unique. I don't think the red top and the red bottom of the dress are connected but it creates a nice contrast between the pattern and the solid.
 

The red bottom is sort of a 'cape' around the dress. And unfortunately her dress is tacked down to the box so I could not get a good look at her shoes. From what little I saw of them, I think they are the standard dressy open toe shoes that come with nicer dolls these days. 

And you can kind of tell in this picture, there are faint lines of silver glitter outlining some of the stripes. Gotta have that holiday glitter in there somewhere!
 

And as always the doll also comes in brunette hair color and AA skin tone. Check out the curls on that AA doll! Awesome!! And as shown here (and I just realized this), the brunette doll has a ponytail and curls and the blonde has just sideswept curls. Hard to tell when she's all held in by packaging!

The box reads: "Tis the season to smile wider, to hug your loved ones a little tighter, and savor that magical holiday spirit. Let each cherished memory warm your heart as we look ahead to joyous occasions. Reflecting the sparkle and jubilation of holiday festivities, 2019 Holiday Barbie is the definitive celebration of a season full of love." 


So friends, was this doll under your tree last Christmas? Get the brunette or the fabulous hair AA version? Love her or hate her? Let me know in the comments!

I have another very special doll coming up in my next post very soon. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

The Christmas Barbies are generally very attractive, but I haven't wanted to add one to my collection. I think plaid would be something different for a Christmas Barbie, maybe as an overskirt.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Oh plaid would be pretty! I agree!