Dolls

Dolls

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Barbie Executive Lunch

Welcome Friends!

A short sweet post for today!

Recently my dad acquired this for me. 

He said "I wasn't sure if you had it or not." I mentioned that I did. And then he said...."sorry."

SORRY?!?!

Oh no no no. Don't be sorry! Because I have two, it means I can put one on a doll!

Hmmm.....which doll to put this one. I didn't want to just pick any random doll but needed to be one with class and elegance!

Remember her?

The beautiful Birthstone Beauty Miss Pearl. I got her a long long time ago and she's just been sitting in a box. Her dress didn't stay up, missing the bolero jacket and was kind of a mess. She needed a makeover. We had to put that Steffie head mold on display right? And the way she was standing just made her the perfect candidate for Executive Lunch. So into the spa she went.

Ready for the new and improved Miss Pearl?


She looks absolutely stunning in this outfit. It's so perfect for her!
 
Her hair is a little bumpy but I loved those ringlet curls on her left side so I didn't want to use too much hot water to rinse the shampoo out of her hair. Which unfortunately left the other parts of the hair bumpy. I loved that the pearl earrings matched the pearls on the jacket!
 
There was a necklace included in the set but I didn't want to pull her head off to get her current necklace off. It matches so I left it. It looks good!

The hand on the hip is perfect for holding her bag in place. However it still kept slipping off her shoulder so I had to put a pin in the back to keep it on her shoulder.

I love that her nail polish was mostly intact when I got her. I did add the bracelet that came with the set and it just adds that little something to the outfit. 

 

Now the shoes. I'm not sure if it's the doll or what but I could NOT get the shoes on her that were included with the set. Maybe it's because of the pantyhose? I'm not sure. The pantyhose doesn't create that much bulk so I don't know. But I did find these open toe heels with a little detail and they match perfectly. I had to remember not to go too glam as this is an Executive Lunch!

 

Well friends, that's all for today! What do you think of Miss Pearl? Have any special fashions you recently put on a doll? Let me know in the comments! 

See you next time dolly friends!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Fabulous! The outfit is great and I love those cool eyelashes-enjoy:@)

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thanks so much Lynn! The eyelashes do make her eyes pop!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

What a great dad you have! That's a very nice set, Barbie clothes that are actually quality!

Treesa said...

I'm pretty sure that Barbie dolls with the 'posed' body have feet with a more severe arch than other Barbie dolls. That might be why the shoes didn't fit.
Signed, Treesa

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Yes Barb, you are exactly right! Quality Barbie fashions. Wish we had more of them!

Treesa, thanks for that info. I didn't know that! The heels that I have on her currently also took a little finagling so I'm sure that's the reason. Thanks! :D