Dolls

Dolls

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Barbie's Tiny Foods

 Hi Friends!

I was going to do another Star Wars x Barbie post for today so I could finish up the series but had something else adorable to show you first. 

When I was at my dad's house a couple of weekends ago, I was doing laundry and found a bucket of adorable little miniatures.

Shopkins! And Hatchimals! Thinking they would be fun for my son to play with I scooped them up and took them home with me. And he does LOVE them. So much we had to build a "Shopkins House" so he could display all of them. 

Honestly, I never got into Shopkins because I don't buy into the surprise box gimmick. Getting doubles of somthing to get you to buy more just doesn't appeal to me. UNTIL they came out with the "Real Littles" which are real brands with a Shopkin inside. 

So, when I was at Target the other day, I caved and bought some.

I love the jelly. I know they have faces but how cute are they? I even got the ultra rare Snack Pack pudding with TWO shopkins inside. 

But where to display them? On my shelf with the myriad of dolls I have there? Then I remembered I had something tucked away just waiting for a chance to be used. 

www.pinterest.com

The Barbie Sweet Roses Refrigerator/Freezer. My parents got this for me for a whole $1 at a garage sale when I was in my tween years. (They also got me the Sweet Roses Cooking Center, for another post!) Still into Barbie but starting to get out of it a little so it stayed tucked away. It was in sad shape and came with only a few accessories. 

I think the only pieces that came with the set originally is the egg carton and the pink fridge drawers. I love the soda and french fries!

It needed a little fixing up, a wipe down and the lineal roses stickers were stuck to the hinge side instead of the handle side so those needed to come off.

Then all the tiny foods went inside! 

The freezer

And the Fridge

We also put some of the food themed Shopkins in the door but how cute is this? I know that the Real Littles are a little big for Barbie, a 1/6th scale doll but I don't care. They are so cute. I've also added a few more Real Littles since my Target excursion.

I went to Dollar Tree to find some stickers for my son's Shopkins house and found some adorable Fruits of the Spirit stickers and decorated the front a little. I couldn't resist these adorable fruits with faces. Like the Shopkins!

I put the actual worded Fruits of the Spirit on the side. If you don't know the Fruits are from the Bible and are: love, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, peace, joy and self-control. But I could not resist the fruit stickers, so cute.

And I let my son decorate the other side. Sticker overload!

I think it is so cute and gave an adorable use for a Barbie item that was not otherwise used. So nice to put new life into an old item. Even though the doors keep falling off this fridge because the tabs to keep it into place have broken (not by me, it's all good. Still fun anyway!

These are my favorites though. :)


Other Dollar Tree finds? Mini Barbies! Chef, Ballerina, Pop Star, Astronaut, Soccer and Baseball Barbies. These definitely went up on the shelf.

Also on my shelf is Miss Executive Lunch. I had to kind of cram her up there. Maybe I need to rearrange a little and find nice spaces for these beauties. 

Well, that's all for today! Do you love Shopkins as much as I do? Collect any other toys besides Barbies? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Everything is so cute! I wanted Barbie accessories to be cheaper here in Brazil ... I'm jealous of the price of Barbies abroad! haha ha

Nostalgia Barbie

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I don't really collect any other toys besides dolls. Everything mini I buy has to work into their world in some way. I haven't had an interest in any of the blind bag minis, or the Shopkins, though. I do knit and sew, so I have a plethora of needles, yarn, and fabric. I'm also trying to get into painting and drawing, which means more supplies. Fun!

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Hi Carol! I've heard about prices being higher in other countries. Maybe because of import taxes? Or you could take a vacation to the US and stock up! :D

Hi Barb! I too have a lot of supplies for crafting. Scrapbook paper, stickers, ribbons...I think hubby wonders when the accumulation will end. I say never! LOL My son is now asking me if I went to the store and bought him any Shopkins. I think i've created a monster..hehe. I like that idea of working anything into the doll world!