Dolls

Dolls

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Star Wars x Barbie #4

Welcome Friends!

I hope your summer is going splendid. We FINALLY got some hot weather which was desperately needed to pump my zucchini and raspberry production into high gear. Bumper crop for sure! 

But during those SUPER hot days where I want to stay in the nice cool house I've still been working on the great Barbie clothing identification. It's a long slow job but I've identified more than I could have bargained for. So that's a good thing. 

But today, we are talking about more Star Wars x Barbie! There was the first wave with the Princess Leia, R2D2 and Darth Vader. THEN they came out with a second wave and I absolutely DIED when I saw them. 

These dolls are also purchased with the inheritance from my sweet aunt who passed from cancer the beginning of March. And I cannot thank her enough. 

Second wave also came out with three dolls and one doll that was a Mattel.com exclusive. So I preorded them from Mattel and got a slight discount ordering them as a package. 

Without further ado, I present Storm Trooper x Barbie!

That hair. Those glasses. And those BOOTS! She is exactly how I would imagine a Storm Trooper Fashionable Barbie would be!
Like Darth Vader, I want to see this girl's eyes! But no taking her out of the box so there they would stay. And you can tell that hair is "Holiday Barbie Hard."
But look at that bodice! That jacket with those sleeves and then the plastic corset that gives her a robotic look.
She also wears gauntlets that partially cover the hands.
Now those boots! One boot covers the knee and they have different details at the top. If you take a look at a storm trooper they have boots that are similar to this design so good job on Robert Best for making that shine through on the doll.
The inside of the box left features concept art of a Storm Trooper
And inside box right features concept art of the doll.
The fun quote on the side of the box features the Galactic Empire logo and a quote that says "We don't need to see his identification."
This quote is from Episode IV: A New Hope. The conversation is between Obi-Wan Ben Kenobi, Luke Skywalker and a Storm Trooper

        

       TROOPER: How long have you had these droids?

LUKE: About three or four seasons.

BEN: They’re for sale if you want them.

TROOPER: Let me see your identification.

BEN: You don’t need to see his identification.

TROOPER: We don’t need to see his identification.

BEN: These are not the droids your looking for.

TROOPER: These are not the droids we’re looking for.

BEN: He can go about his business.

TROOPER: You can go about your business.

 

Here is the promo picture from the Mattel website. 

barbie.mattel.com

And they even had a picture of the doll without the glasses. Oh how I wish I could see her eyes from in the box. I think the glasses on the head is a better look for her. And it's a little hard to see from in the box but the underside of her hair is blue. Nice detail!

barbie.mattel.com

Storm Trooper Barbie is a gold label doll with only 20,000 dolls made worldwide.

Well that's it for today. What do you think of Storm Trooper x Barbie? Is she being added to your collection? 

I'll have another one in a few days. Until then! 

1 comment:

Eklectic1 said...

She is incredible. The styling is so Lady Gaga at her most intriguing