Dolls

Dolls

Thursday, March 18, 2021

The Barbie Blog Poll - Barbie's Mod Fashions!

 Welcome Friends!

I had another post all lined up but I wanted to give one of my dolls a little bit of love. 

Remember this box I got way back in 2018?

(If you want to read about what came in this FABULOUS case, you can read about it here!)


And it came with this girl?

Who had the really bad hair?


Well, we had to do something with her. So she took a trip to the spa!

Ok, this tight tight tight braid she had, which set in her hair for who knows how many years, really did a number on her hair. And she had a hair cut....and the rooting was gone from the sides of her hair, and she has no bangs unlike an unaltered Twist and Turn Barbie, well, it took some work. 

And I couldn't get it to really look decent but I made do. A boil dip didn't even begin to remove the waves and I had to use a lot of my Paul Mitchell ESP (Elastic Shaping Paste) to even begin to get it to lie down. It was hard to even get a ponytail in it because it would show the bald parts of her head. 



So this is what I'm stuck with. Oh well. She's cute anyway! But now she needed some clothes. There were so many fabulous mod fashions that came in the trunk so how to choose? I came up with two and this is where you come in. You get to choose what she wears! 

Option 1 - 

The Red and White Raincoat that I loved so much. I had to find a dress to go underneath and I had this one from....I don't know where. Probably in one of my lots that I've received over the years. Well, the waist was big so I pinned it in the back. And it was still big so I tied a ribbon around the waist and added some underwear because it had the slit that went up all the way to the waist. 

So naturally the raincoat was the best way to conceal the slit and keep the dress from sliding off her bust. I added the ribbon around to keep the coat closed and added some red boots.

Not bad! It's a super cute coat and the coat lays a lot better now. I washed it in hot water since it was vinyl and shaped it flat when it was still hot.


Option 2 - 

The other outfit was a clone dress that I got in the trunk.

I love this floral mini dress! One of the collars came undone from the original stitching so my fabulous mother in law (who is a WONDERFUL and AWESOME seamstress) repaired it for me.

I added these totally mod lace knee high stockings and some yellow open toe heels.

So, which outfit should I keep on our totally mod TnT Barbie? You can take the poll below! I'm looking forward to seeing which one you choose! 

Until Next Time!


1 comment:

Cory said...

Thank you! For a beautiful Article in Future love to be with SLime Products