Dolls

Dolls

Sunday, October 22, 2017

The Gang is All Here

Hi Friends!

I am feeling better and have managed to stay well for almost a month now *gasp*. Please pray for me that I don't get something again. I don't think my feeble body can handle it. Only 3 1/2 months left to go until new baby and I'm getting very large. I can DO IT! So I should be able to update the blog more frequently now that I'm well.

I just had a birthday and I used some of my money on a new video doorbell (adulting!) and....Barbie shelves for the office! First order of business on the new shelves, getting all the holiday dolls displayed. 

Check it out!


And another shelf on the adjacent wall. 


So there wasn't enough space to put all the holiday dolls side by side so we stacked some of them. And with the addition of the 1988 doll that I got from my dad last Christmas, I have them ALL! *squee*

There was also space to put some of my favorites. 


All have been featured on this blog! I especially love the I Love Lucy candy factory one. 

And some next to my Ever After High Dolls. A couple of these were on the shelves before such as Ice Cream Romper and Halloween Barbie and Kelly.


And one more addition that I just HAD to bring out. I couldn't leave her packed away. There was not room on the shelf so she is here for now.


Next on the list is to make a little riser for the EAH dolls so I can have them in front and in back. That way they don't take up so much space. But for now I LOVE it and am so glad I could bring out my beautiful holiday dolls. And all I have to do is look up a little to my left and I have my beautiful Mackie dolls from 2005 and 2006 :)

This weekend I got a new addition, a birthday present from my dad. This is the 2003 DC Comics Barbie as Batgirl doll!


She does not have a serious face but her typical smile. I think it makes for a very cute doll.


She comes with a keychain box for you and holds a bat in her gloved hand. She also comes with a stand and she wears yellow boots.


The back of the box has an illustrated version of Batgirl and other characters in the series like Wonder Woman and Super Girl.


And the last doll I am featuring today is one from my collection that I've had since I was a little girl. This a beautiful Sandy doll called "Magic Moments."


I featured her before in a very very brief post. But in those pictures I left her in the box and she had a teardrop missing form her left earring. Pictures from inside the box when she has been opened? What's up with that? Let's use some deboxed pictures! 


I have always loved her face and jewelry.


But her dress is absolutely to die for! Long waisted with a ruffle at the top. ANd the black and stars? Love!


Also, that long long hair. So awesome!


Well, that's all for today. Do you have BatGirl or any Sandi dolls in your collection? Let me know in the comments below!

I'm going to work on the cleaning of the vintage dolls so I'll have those results for my next post. Until then!

9 comments:

RagingMoon1987 said...

I hope my doll room can look that nice someday! Hang in there and stay well!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the display looks Awesome (with a capital A :-D)! Batgirl is just wonderful, I have never seen her before. That bat is so cool, and the gloves too. Take good care of yourself with plenty of rest!

Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot: Happy Birthday!!!

The PrairieHomemaker said...

Hugs honey! Happy birthday!
I love your doll room.
I am still working on my doll room. It is my office and sewing room as well and finding spots that are4 perfect for things is... not easy!
Please take care of yourself.
Looking forward to the next post!
m

BlackKitty said...

Happy birthday and hang in there! The display looks great!

Andrea said...

Happy belated birthday, Teresa. Your doll shelves look great. Hang in there and keep well. I had some occasional Sandi dolls in lots, but unfortunately their hair was a hot mess. I'm amazed at how good you kept the hair on your Sandi.

My Barbie Blog - Teresa said...

Thanks RagingMoon! It's been a long time coming! I'm so excited!

Thank you MillicentandFriends! I didn't even know they had Comic Book character Barbie dolls. I'm so glad my dad found her a good home :)

Hi Mel! You'll get there someday for sure! It does take some arranging and rearranging (and rearranging again!) It was hard when I was in our other house, all I had was a small bookcase. :) But it's fun to get them out and play during the rearraning, that's what I did, lol.

Thanks BlackKitty! I still can't believe I have them all out after years and years!

Hi Andrea! Thank you! Sandi's house was always her black box, that was the major factor to keeping her hair in awesome shape. I have another Sandi doll that I played and played with and her hair is definitely frizzy. Totsy didn't have as high of quality hair as Mattel but maybe there is some hope for her. If not, she could be a great candidate for my first reroot!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I hope you're still doing well! I had a terribly painful double ear infection when I was pregnant with my youngest. It hurt so badly that the doctor gave me Tylenol with codeine... only I didn't know that I was allergic to codeine. More sickness followed.

It's so great to have our dolls out on display, isn't it? My next goal is to get shelves with glass, so that they get less dusty. But in the meantime, I still like to see them out.

Unknown said...

Hi there, I love that your birthday is October... I live barbies and was so busy adulting, that I forgot for 40 years! Fun to see all the other adults having fun with barbie too!