Dolls

Dolls

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 8: Magnificent Magenta - 1996 Happy Holidays Barbie

Victorian style collar last year, Victorian style dress this year!

IMG_8061

Notice anything different about this doll? Yep, she is still perfectly minted in the box. 1996 marks the first year that I left her in the box. However, I want to take her out. I won't for sure but I'll tell you why in a little bit.

Again, fur just screams holiday dress. This one is so very Victorian because of the magenta and gold. Oh, and the style of her overcoat. :)

LOVE the hat! This is the first doll that has featured a hat rather than a hairpiece.

IMG_8062

Who loves ruffles? I should see all your hands raised! Just kidding ;) But they add so much to the dress. Again, so Victorian!

IMG_8063

I can just imagine her with ice skates, can't you?

Here is the reason I want to take her out of the box. Take a look at the back of the box.

IMG_8064

See anything different? Yeah, the cuteness of the muff! Cute Cute Cute! Why did they not put her hands in the muff in the box? How adorable would that have been? Oh well, she is still beautiful and has a killer dress.

The back of the box reads: "Amidst the wonder of shimmering snow, Barbie celebrates the holiday season wrapped like an exquisite gift in burgundy, white and gold!"

Kind of poetic!

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I love her brown eyes. There are so many blue eyed Barbies, that any other eye color makes a Barbie stand out and very special.

Yes, she would be dressed perfect skating or a sleigh ride. Love the dress and the colours.

I got an extra of her a couple of years ago at a fleamarket. I remember the seller had her posed on her table with her muff in hands. Just adorable.

Forestminuet said...

I agree, brown eyed dolls are definitely a treasure.

What a great fleamarket find. And they had her displayed the correct way too! I'm sure she is just too cute out of the box with the muff. :)

Kaitlyn said...

If you don't mind me asking, what did this lovely lady's shoes look like?

I love that muff too! It adds a lot to the outfit! Too bad the muff on mine was missing! Oh well! But, they probably wanted to show that she was wearing a ring and decided to put the muff off to the side.

She is gorgeous! So glad my mum picked her up and showed her to me! :)

Forestminuet said...

Oh Kaitlyn, you are in luck! I just pulled out this doll and thankfully they did not stick the shoes behind the doll stand. I could peek at them from the outside of the box! They are a pair of generic pumps in magenta, the same color as her dress. Maybe you could scour eBay and see if anyone is selling just the muff. I think there is a good market for bits and pieces of dolls as some need that last little piece to complete the outfit. For my Working Woman Barbie that I converted to Day to Night Barbie, I only needed ONE of the famous two toned pink and white shoes, and found an eBay seller who had just one!

Never know what you'll find!

Kaitlyn said...

Thank you so much! I will do just as you said and look on Ebay! Hopefully I can find the muff and the shoes! Amazing! Thank you for all of your help!