Dolls

Dolls

Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 24: Grand Green - 2011 Holiday Barbie

Merry Christmas Eve! Today is the day to spend some casual time with family before the big busy day. Today is a day to grab your warmest Christmas PJ's, a soft blanket and watch Christmas movies. For my family, today is the day we celebrate our Christmas. Unfortunately it's a little mixed up for me this year. We celebrated Christmas yesterday because my brother had to work today and tomorrow for that matter. So today I will be traveling to my brother in law's house to celebrate Christmas eve with my husbands family. It is the first time since I've been born that I won't be going to Christmas eve church with my family. *sniff*. Anyway, whatever you choose to do today, make it a good one.

Today's Barbie is very grand indeed.


Just look at that box! She is so ready to go to the gala! And what a dress! Can I have one for me? Please?

The chandelier earrings really tie in the elegance of this dress. And as always, I love curly hair! So cute.


And the embroidery design on this dress is just beautiful. I love how the waist gathers into one strap for the left shoulder. This dress is just so so pretty. So elegant. So Barbie! Ken is a lucky guy!


Has there been a green and gold dress. I can't remember. I don't think so. I don't think any green dress tops this one. So beautiful.

The back of the box reads: "Barbie doll celebrates a favorite season dressed in a glamorous green and golden glow! She delivers her best wishes for a beautiful holiday aglow with the most opulent of treasures: love and joy, family and friends, peace and prosperity."


Cute concept drawing! I wonder who designed her. I like this little write up. It fits well with the day.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Sorry for being MIA. I hope the New Year turns out to be a good one for you.

Love that gown, it's such a showstopper.

I think the designer is Robert Best, most of his designs are Haute Couture orientated. He did a great job.

Forestminuet said...

No worries about MIA. I like that you are back though! This time of year is so busy.

Ah, yes, Robert Best! I have a calendar of Haute Coture Barbie concept drawings and most (if not all) of them are drawn by him. I love Haute Coture fashions!