Dolls

Dolls

Friday, December 21, 2012

Day 21: Striking Silver - 2008 Holiday Barbie

This doll says "va-va-voom!"

IMG_8116

We've had a few silver dresses so far in the holiday dolls. But this doll is definitely pushing the boundaries with the semi see-thru top! But it is tastefully done. Again as always, love the snowflakes! And that skirt. It's beautiful with the pleats. Of all the silver dresses, this skirt is my absolute favorite.

IMG_8119

But I like how they added a special little wristlet to her celebrating 20 years of Holiday Barbies. Nice addition!

IMG_8117

I love her makeup and jewelry. However, I'm not sure I like the defined eyelashes. To me they are too bold for her feminine face.

IMG_8118

I would much prefer the eyelashes be like this doll.

IMG_8098

Or this one. :)


But regardless, they are what they are and we will have to see what is in store for next year!

The back of the box reads: "Barbie doll celebrates 20 years of holidays with a very special DVD: Barbie in A Christmas Carol. Two classics come together to retell a favorite story, featuring joyus carols and fantastical journeys. Whimsical, wonderful, and altogether heart-warming, this adaptation captures the beauty of both Barbie doll and the most beloved season of the year! Rediscover the true meaning of Christmas with Barbie in A Christmas Carol and Holiday Barbie doll."

IMG_8120

So, two questions readers. Have you ever seen this movie? And what do you think of the bold eyelashes? But eyelashes or not, I love the doll and of course, her gorgeous dress. :)

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love her dress, the top of it is very Haute Couture.

I'm with you on the lashes though. They are too thick and too dark for her face and would have looked much better in a brownish colour.

Forestminuet said...

Yeah, brown would have indeed accentuated her face more. I know sometimes with my blond hair, I look better in brown mascara.

Yes, haute coture indeed! I wonder if they have more haute coture dresses coming out. I think they do! :)

Kaitlyn said...

I agree with you. I am not too fond of the eyelashes myself. Even newer dolls today have eyelashes like that and I can't simply stand it.

You were right about the dress and the snowflakes! I love them both! Thank you for sharing this with me!