Dolls

Dolls

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 18: Glamorous Green - 2005 Holiday Barbie

Wait a minute here! Wasn't yesterday 2005 Holiday Barbie's post? Well, yes but remember I have mentioned many times how awesome my mom is.

So I was plesantly surprised when I also found this under the tree.

IMG_8104

The other Bob Mackie Holiday Barbie! This time in green!

She is identical to the pink doll and the green is equally as beautiful!

IMG_8106

Remember how the pink doll had green jewelry? Well, this doll has the pink jewelry!

IMG_8105

Honestly I never ever noticed this until I brought these dolls home with me a couple of weeks ago. Andrea also informed me that the 2004 doll has real eyelashes. Apparently I'm not very observant!!!

I wanted to see if this was some kind of fluke but no. The master himself designed the jewelry that way. I checked it out on the concept drawings on the back of the box.

IMG_8107

Ah, so another Bob Mackie doll to add to my collection. Total is now 3! So exciting. I was reading on his website that he also designed costumes for Cher. Just a fun little tidbit I thought I would throw in here. :)

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

You are so lucky to have them both. She is just as awesome as the pink doll.

Her hair is a little darker than the the pink doll's, or is it just the light?

I so want her too. Memo to myself: grab her if you find her!

Forestminuet said...

Yes, definitely grab her! She is a keeper.

No, her hair is darker. Again, I did not notice. :) ha!

I was so excited when I got them both. My mom bought the pink one for me when I was with her. I remember looking at both of them in Sears and having a hard time deciding which one I liked better. She solved that problem. :D

Busy B from Germany said...

That's a quite nice collection of Holiday Barbie dolls. It's so sad that they don't come up with new ideas anymore. The new ones are only cheap in my eyes.